Thread: lupus in a teenager

Thanks

Default lupus in a teenager

My daughter is 15 years old and has had SLE for the past 12 month. In that time she has had no real let up of symtoms.I have not been able to find much information on lupus in teenagers. If there is anything out there i'd be vcery interested...Thanks

Thanks

Default lupus in a teenager

Jolanda, hi my daughter is three years old and was diagnosed with lupus about 2 months ago after two biopsies. My daughter is now on prednisone and methotrexate, what meds is your daughter on? We have yet too see any real improvement but they say it can take time and also it may just keep it from progressing. I would love to hear more and will pray for you and your daughter.

Thanks

Default 15 years old

hi, i'm 15 years old. i've always had lupus. our family copes with it day by day. my mother has it (since birth) and same with my grandma who died a few years ago. is your daughter photosensitive at all? my whole family is extremely photosensitive. i'm sorry that your daughter just got diagnosed at such an age! kids our age should be out, talking with friends, going to movies with cute guys! it's hard, i know, but it's just one of those things that you just cope with. lel
    no one is like me, no one has ever seen what i have, i have doctors who don't know what to do! i have special doctors who don't know what they're talking about!