Thread: Hmmmmm......I get why people are frustrated

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hmmmmm......I get why people are frustrated

Labs are back. Nurse called - NO inflammation in my body. None. Doc still wants me to go to derm about rash on foot and then go back and see her. But for what? And why do my joints still ache and burn? When I went in on Tues. my elbows were swollen and hot to the touch, and yet there was no inflammation? I can't believe this.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Labs are back. Nurse called - NO inflammation in my body. None. Doc still wants me to go to derm about rash on foot and then go back and see her. But for what? And why do my joints still ache and burn? When I went in on Tues. my elbows were swollen and hot to the touch, and yet there was no inflammation? I can't believe this.
    Oh Manderson! I am so sorry that you are going through this but sadly that is often the life of those with Lupus. Your body knows what is going on but the labs don't always support it. Hopefully you get a good doctor that understands that there are many ways to diagnose Lupus and labs are only one of them. I know the frustration you feel but you are not alone. Just keep pushing through and hopefully one day your labs will show what your body is showing
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Oh Manderson! I am so sorry that you are going through this but sadly that is often the life of those with Lupus. Your body knows what is going on but the labs don't always support it. Hopefully you get a good doctor that understands that there are many ways to diagnose Lupus and labs are only one of them. I know the frustration you feel but you are not alone. Just keep pushing through and hopefully one day your labs will show what your body is showing
    This happened to me on many occasions. My sed rate always looks good. You would think I was nuts. I have rheumy who has seen me looking and feeling horribly when my bloodwork looked good. She tries hard to stay away from the heavy duty drugs to treat me, because my symptoms are not as severe as some others. A good rheumy will look at everything and treat the symptoms. I have had luck with two good rheumys and many really bad ER docs. Hang in there and don't lose hope. The journey is challenging, but we are on it with you, all the way!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Jeannetta (08-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Don't give up! Your doctor hasn't or he/she wouldn't want you to go back. The derm may do a biopsy, which could give the rheumy some useful info. According to the American College of Rheumatologists a diagnosis of lupus isn't necessarily dependent on labs, although many rheumy's don't seem to know that. I've been diagnosed and on treatment for 12 years and I swear that my labs are normal when I am feeling bad and show inflammation when I think I'm doing well!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Jeannetta (08-27-2011), tgal (08-11-2011)

Thanks

Welcome to the wonderful world of labwork! I'm hoping that the dermatologist does a biopsy and that tells your rheumy something definitive.
    It is good that your doc is pursing other avenues instead of just stopping after the negative labs.
    Good luck with the next step.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Well now, here's the thing: the rash which has been on my foot for about 2 months now and was really bad earlier in the week is almost gone. It might be completely gone in two weeks when my appt is due.

Let's try this on for size people - could I have been in some initial flare of whatever-it-is and now it's gone? I had no burning in the joints last night like I usually do when I'm in bed. I had burning most of the day but not at night. I woke up this AM able to walk normally almost right from the get-go and the rash on the foot has cleared up immensely.

What do you make of this?

Thanks

I feel much worse in the oppresive heat that we were suffering a couple of weeks ago,I'm in Chicago too. Now that the weather has cooled a little I am feeling better,including my rashes are clearing up some what.

Thanks

N - the weather occured to me today too. Last few days have been brilliant w/ low humidity. So maybe it's weather related. I'll just have to keep track.