Thread: Emotional

Thanks

Unhappy Emotional

I don't know what is going on with me today. I have some personal stress going on and am on my last day of my steriod pack but I am so emotional. Everything is frustrating me and I keep crying. I just want everyone to go away. I use to suffer from depression and it's not depression like that. I don't understand what is going on with me. I had a hysterectomy last year but still have my ovaries so maybe I am just having pms. The only thing I want is to get today over and go home and cuddle with my husband and have some tlc but my step son who is 19 moved in a few months ago and he is part of my problem. He doesn't work and won't do anything around the house and every time I buy something and want to take some of it to work with me the next day or so it is gone, he either eats it all that night or puts it in his room so I can't get it. I don't want to be petty but I have limited funds and every time I get something specific he does it. I made chocolates the other day, about 35 of them, my husband ate about 10, i had 1 and the next morning I went to take a few to work and my step son ate them all, not even knowing if I made them for a specific reason, because usually I do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    I don't know what is going on with me today. I have some personal stress going on and am on my last day of my steriod pack but I am so emotional. Everything is frustrating me and I keep crying. I just want everyone to go away. I use to suffer from depression and it's not depression like that. I don't understand what is going on with me. I had a hysterectomy last year but still have my ovaries so maybe I am just having pms. The only thing I want is to get today over and go home and cuddle with my husband and have some tlc but my step son who is 19 moved in a few months ago and he is part of my problem. He doesn't work and won't do anything around the house and every time I buy something and want to take some of it to work with me the next day or so it is gone, he either eats it all that night or puts it in his room so I can't get it. I don't want to be petty but I have limited funds and every time I get something specific he does it. I made chocolates the other day, about 35 of them, my husband ate about 10, i had 1 and the next morning I went to take a few to work and my step son ate them all, not even knowing if I made them for a specific
    reason, because usually I do.
    I had to deal with a situation similar to this only I had 2 teen step children who were obsessed with food. After my insistence, my husband set ground rules. They hated the rules so badly, they would hide the food and eventually moved in with their mom full time. The girls were extremely obese and got even worse after moving out.. The stress was horrible most of the time. my advice...make hubby set ground rules and help that young man get on his own.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-11-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

While I can't speak to the rules issue I will say that Lupus can affect all parts of us, hormone levels included. Depression is very common among Lupus patients. Even those without CNS involvement usually end up having some depression to one degree or another. It can be debated (and has been/is being) as to weather Lupus causes the depression or ones get depressed over having Lupus. It really might be worth it to talk to your doctor about what, if anything, you need to do in order to get a handle on this.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (08-11-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

i had a friend move in with us, (my family).

she did not want to participate in family things, but was quick to find out little rewards.

the stress of an annoying house guest can cause a different type of depression.
    be careful, discuss this with your husband before you become too isolated from the stepson.