Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye Twitching

Thanks

Default Eye Twitching

This eye twitching is driving me crazy! It's almost always the right eye and happens every few minutes. I'm afraid someone is going to think I'm flirting with them. LOL

Does anyone else have this? I don't know if it's part of the Lupus or not. It's been happening for at least 6 months now, maybe longer.

Thanks

Oh my gosh, yes!! Mine drives me nuts. I've heard it could be related to lack of Vitamin D, but I'm not sure what causes or stops mine.

Also, my feet cramp all the time. Do you think these things are related?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

mine do that now and again. doc said it was a muscle spasm in my eyelids. harmless but annoying
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

I've had facial muscle twitches forever. Mostly it's caused by fatigue though calcium, magnesium, and potassium are critical to muscle response. Lately, by the end of the day (I do a lot of computer graphics work at home) all the muscles around my eyes, especially those between my eyes, are twitching madly. It's insane and makes it very hard to relax and go to sleep. I know I'm squinting while I work and if I watch t.v. but I've had my eyes checked and my glasses prescription is fine. I also find I am frowning a lot in general. I'm trying to be conscious of it and "force myself to relax" (yeah, oxymoronic, I know) several times a day. so far though, no relief. I don't know if it's the connective tissue stuff or just being human. Maybe a bit of both. Try to be aware of how you're using your facial muscles during the day and see if there's something you're doing that's tiring them like what I'm doing. I know what I'm doing wrong. I just haven't gotten a handle on how to fix it, yet.

If you aren't taking a multivitamin, that's definitely something to consider. Also a little bit of an electrolyte replacement if your doctor is okay with it. We (husband and I) walk every night and get pretty dehydrated so we drink PowerAde Zero (no sugar). He had trouble for a while with calf cramps. But mostly I think you're dealing with fatigue/stress on the muscles. We often don't realize how much we're carrying our stress in our face. I know I don't until suddenly something causes me to actually relax. Like lying down to sleep at night. "Your face is gonna freeze like that," comes to mind at that time.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I have the eye twitching too. It usually means a lack of potassium for me. If I don't start taking it right away I will start having cramps in my hands. Not sure if that is what causes for others but it is what makes it happen to me
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GeoKasher View Post
    This eye twitching is driving me crazy! It's almost always the right eye and happens every few minutes. I'm afraid someone is going to think I'm flirting with them. LOL

Does anyone else have this? I don't know if it's part of the Lupus or not. It's been happening for at least 6 months now, maybe longer.
    Yeah, I have this same problem. Without re-hashing what others have already said, yes, it can definitely be a part of Lupus, and it can be irritating beyond words.

If I was looking at, let's say, Kate Beckinsale when it happens, it could have a positive outcome. If it happens when I'm talking to the guy who changes my oil, probably not.

Rob

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Yeah, I have this same problem. Without re-hashing what others have already said, yes, it can definitely be a part of Lupus, and it can be irritating beyond words.

If I was looking at, let's say, Kate Beckinsale when it happens, it could have a positive outcome. If it happens when I'm talking to the guy who changes my oil, probably not.

Rob
    OMG You seriously made me spit my tea when I read that!! LOL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    OMG You seriously made me spit my tea when I read that!! LOL
    I laughed when I first read the original post GeoKasher wrote above, because I started a thread here at some point asking the exact same question, and if memory serves, I even joked about it in the same way. If I can manage to find the thread, I'll post a link.

GeoKasher, you really are not alone, and I really laughed when I read this thread!

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 08-07-2011 at 05:09 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

GeoKasher (08-07-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

rob......
    you need to collect all of your "gems"....
    and put them together for a laugh.

you witt is tremendous

i love it.... like you.... love the witt

Thanks

Yes my eye twitches too. I am on tons of vit D now and drink mineral drinks to deal with loss of potassium etc. My eye twitching and muscle spasms have almost stopped.

I guess I will need to force a wink at that handsome man at the sports store.