Thread: New To This Site. Have Zillions of Questions

Thanks

Default New To This Site. Have Zillions of Questions

Well, same story, different person.....

Have my first appt with the rheumatologsit next Tuesday for more definitive diagnosis. But I think I already know it's Lupus. It just all fits together. :shock:

I want to show up at the appt armed with information and a list of things I should ask. Can anyone help me with this? I have come up with some things. I would like, for example, to have photocopy of my lab results.

Anyway, I am gonna cut this short. I think I blacked out this morning....I don't really know. But the end result was that I fell into the bathtub and smacked my head. I am going to bed now! :roll:

Thanks all for any help you can give me!

Elizabeth

Thanks

Default dr appt

That's good to ask for a copy of lab results. Here are the things I discuss with my dr:
    What do recent tests show?
    What kind of treatment is suggested?
    (I also bring a list and journal of recent symptoms that she takes note of)
    What is the short term/long term prognosis?
    (Bring a current list of medications including any supplements/vitamins you are taking)
    I also talk to her about the current exercise I'm doing.
    What are my options in terms of treatment and how it affects my work schedule?
    What kind of diet is suggested (am recently concerned because I eat so much soy)
    I've been keeping a journal for the last couple months.
    I also inform her of any suggested surgeries by other drs. Going to have hip surgery on Jan 12

Good luck with your appt!
    Catlady4520

Thanks

catlady really got you started!

I'd also go to lupus.org and webMD and READ. See what questions I had after reading the information on lupus and related conditions.

Put all the questions down on a list - make 2 copies and give the doc one. Take notes.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself falling this morning! Tell the doc about that too - and take care!

Thanks

Is hypertention part of this deal? I have been hypertensive since my children were born, but it has always been controlled with medication. Nowadays my blood pressure stays elevated. It only makes me feel worse.

Also, how common is it to have lupus without having the charactersitic rash? I don't have the rash, which is why I think this has been more difficult to diagnose.

Anyway....I will write down some qusetions if I can manage to fold a pencil. :roll:

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Izb3:
    Occassionally, people with Lupus can develop High Blood Pressure. The High blood pressure can be due to inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis) or advanced kidney disease. You won't have any symptoms, but high blood pressure can and must be treated. Most cases of high blood pressure with lupus occurs in the lungs - Pulmonary Hypertension.
    In either case, you should be treated for the high blood pressure - it can be a silent killer if left untreated!!

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie