Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One more time ...

Thanks

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm taking this in one day increments. That's all I know I can manage successfully and I tend to be a very practical person. I haven't licked it -- there will always be temptation and I can't delude myself. My father quit cold turkey and stayed quit but confided to me that every single day of his life, he still wanted a cigarette and missed smoking. He could never lose sight of that or let his guard down.

Thanks

I missed it a lot in the early days of quitting. I can't stand the thought of it now. I'm, happily, one of those reformed smokers that gags at the smell. Interestingly, I still smoke in my dreams sometimes.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make light of the hard work ahead for you. It is a very difficult thing to do. One day at a time, is a very good plan.

Best of luck.

brenda

Thanks

Good luck. I also only smoked for my nerves however only usually smoked a pack every other week and my doctor said he didn't count that as smoking but I have quit recently and am going crazy. I have had a lot going on in my life lately and I tried the e-cig thing and I sometimes got the liquid in my mouth and it made me sick plus it was so heavy. I'm trying to cut my soda and aspartame and caffeine but that's a rough one. I only have not had caffeine when I was pregnant with my three kids otherwise basically everything I drink all day contains caffeine and usually it's diet soda which I just found out how bad that is for us.