Thread: I am so sick and so tired of being SICK AND TIRED

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default I am so sick and so tired of being SICK AND TIRED

I needed a place to vent. I am sick again. I went one week with no fever and no pain and now my temp is 103.3 and every joint I have hurts. I cant' function like this!! I cannot take care of my child or anything! I came out of a flare and went into another one. Someone please tell me when does this end? I have read people not having flares for years.. well what is going on with me? I can't TAKE this!! Today I could only get out of bed for 30 minutes... just long enough to go to the couch where I spent most of the day sleeping. My hands are swollen, my knees hurt so badly and that is something that just started two days ago. I get to see my rhumetologist the second week of January, but what do I do till then? ANd then after reading so much I wonder what the meds will make me feel like. I have already left my job... cant' even think of getting something else... I Can't depend on feeling good for longer than 1 week..... can someone please please please tell me what to expect here. How can we have a life when its spent in pain and feeling so tired and sick? I am sorry to do this.. to vent.. I just need someone to tell me this won't be my life from here on out.. I couldnt' take it if it was..

Billie

Thanks

Default pain

Billie

I felt exactly the same today! Had to miss a day of work due to excrutiating migraines (I have lupus of the brain). Contact your pcp/hospital for various support agencies. I've heard of other people with chronic illnesses getting some help with child care/financial aid. Call your rheumatologist and let him/her know what you're going through. See if there is a Lupus Foundation of America group in your area.

I know it's so hard to get the energy to do anything when you feel this bad. I spent the afternoon in bed after seeing my neurologist today. I'm so scared of losing my job. I don't have any little ones at home but my income is the majority in our house.

I know there are sources out there for support. Do you have a relative or friend who can help you through this?

Hang in there for the sake of your kids. I was out of a flare this summer but then mine returned about a month ago. Prayer is what gets me through the day.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

Catlady gave you really great advice. I agree completely with her that you should call your rheumatologist. They may have someone who can see you soon and at least help you with your pain. Looking into extra support is also a good idea. I felt the way you did for a long time. It seemed I went from flare to flare with only a few days break between flares. Unfortunately I am in flare mode again, but I did have a period of time where I felt better for about a month. I hope you get some help and relief soon. Take care

Thanks

I am so sorry. {{HUG}} I think you should call your rheumy and see if they can at least give you some relief. I am in a flare at the moment too and it's no fun at all. Thankfully I have inlaws here that can help out so my son is with them (it was already planned tho before I flared this time). It's hard when you have kids and they have to see you that way. I think that might be one of the hardest things about it for me.
    I really hope you feel better soon. Hang in there k? {{HUG}}

Thanks

Default Thank you all..

Thank you for so much advice. ITs so nice to know I am not alone. I just can't believe how fast this has taken hold of me and how somedays I feel like I am dying or atleast feel that I am just no good to anyone. Its so wonderful to have people who experience what I do and know exactly how hard it is somedays. I will look into somethings when I find out what is around me. I am the sole caretaker of my 6-year-old.. there is no one else. Somedays I wish there were, but we just have to do the best we can.

Thank you so much again for letting me rant on. I think by putting down some of my thoughts it does make ya feel better....atleast I feel someone else listens.

Billie

Thanks

:cry: Hang in there girl!!! I'll keep praying for you!!!
    ~*~Shannon~*~

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    -Abraham Lincoln