Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: humpty dumpty

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default humpty dumpty

I feel like humpty dumpty right now. I went to take a quilt out of the washer and outside to air dry today as I've done dozens of times before. Got the quilt out, turned and down I went. I didn't know my body could twist in so many different directions at the same time. It took a few minutes, but I managed to get back up by myself. Like I had a choice? No one within yelling distance and of course my cell phone in another room. Nothing broken, that goes for myself as well. Sore? Oh yeah, got a bad feeling tomorrow is going to be... out of politeness, I'll not finish that sentence. So far my collar bones, thoracic section of my back, right knee and both sides of my jaw are aching. My jaw??? WTF?? Whatever. Oh and add my neck wanting to pop out of place. TGIF? Can't take it easy as I've got company stopping by tomorrow and the livingroom and kitchen are nowhere near company ready. I'll get back to it, after I take a nap after the painkillers kick in...
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Praying you will recoup soon.

Melanie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mdawncooper For This Useful Post:

ruziska (08-05-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

i have noticed that when i fall...........
    either my mouth is open (me screaming), or locked shut.
    i tense everything up, including my jaw.

that could explain your jaw pain.

take it easy on sunday. day 2 pain is usually worse than day 1.
    hope you are not tooooooooooo sore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ruziska (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    I feel like humpty dumpty right now. I went to take a quilt out of the washer and outside to air dry today as I've done dozens of times before. Got the quilt out, turned and down I went. I didn't know my body could twist in so many different directions at the same time. It took a few minutes, but I managed to get back up by myself. Like I had a choice? No one within yelling distance and of course my cell phone in another room. Nothing broken, that goes for myself as well. Sore? Oh yeah, got a bad feeling tomorrow is going to be... out of politeness, I'll not finish that sentence. So far my collar bones, thoracic section of my back, right knee and both sides of my jaw are aching. My jaw??? WTF?? Whatever. Oh and add my neck wanting to pop out of place. TGIF? Can't take it easy as I've got company stopping by tomorrow and the livingroom and kitchen are nowhere near company ready. I'll get back to it, after I take a nap after the painkillers kick in...
    If you bruise as easily as I do, you are going to have to do a lot of explaining to your company. Make up some wild story about your husband losing patience with you(giggle).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

OUCH! Glad you are OK but, company or not, you need to take care of yourself and rest
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

We all like our houses to be presentable-but don't forget your company is there to see you not your house-its more important for you to take care of yourself and enjoy your company.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

....LOL!!! Oh my gosh, I'm such an airhead! I read this:
    Can't take it easy as I've got company stopping by tomorrow and the livingroom and kitchen are nowhere near company ready.
    and when I saw company, I literally thought you meant you were having people from your company, like your boss were going to stop over, and i'm thinking, "Oh man, that sucks. She really does kind of have to clean. "
    Of course, then I read it again and realized I had marshmallow fluff for brains..LOL!

Anyways, i hope you enjoy your company and start to feel better soon.. falling HURTS I really hope you're not too sore.
    On the bright side, you don't need all the kings horses and all the kings men to put you back together again... maybe just a good masseuse. (:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    If you bruise as easily as I do, you are going to have to do a lot of explaining to your company. Make up some wild story about your husband losing patience with you(giggle).
    Sure get the poor husband punched in the nose or arrested...lol.

Better a story about vigorous fooling around...if you know what I mean!

Thanks

Rita,
    I fall like this very often. I've gotten very good at falling on the most padded part (you know what I mean).
    I had some awful bruises when I fell onto our cats' wrought-iron daybed. Yes, they are that spoiled - they have a fancy daybed in front of the patio door so that they can lounge and look outside. I was opening the blinds, lost my balance and fell. Those were some nasty bruises.

My most recent fall scared my daughter in Arkansas. I was headed down the hall to the restroom (again!) when the phone rang. I veered left and picked up a phone in the bedroom. I was talking to Meg, but I still needed to go potty. I was trying to walk across the bedroom floor while talking on the phone, lost my balance and went down. It really scared Meg. Of course, since the reason I was walking was that I really needed to go, I wound up having to change my clothes after that fall.

LOL - I've used both the "hubby was mad at me last night" and the "Gee, the fun got a little out of hand last night".
    The first would never be true - I have the gentlest man in the world. The second could happen - LOL.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Feeling better this evening. After I fell, my right side hurt but the bruises are on my left side. I was worried mostly about my neck. It kept cracking and popping and I was certain I was in for a horrendous migraine but I got lucky this time. Haven't gone into the laundry room since with no intention of doing so anytime in the near future. Hubby does all the laundry so I have no need to.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"