Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish me luck?

Thanks

Thank you everyone, just for knowing how awesome this is for me. My family is happy to see me smiling, but I love being able to communicate with people who totally "get" what I'm feeling.

On my way out of the office I hugged my new hero, and told her how thrilled I was. She said "I don't know everything, but what I don't know, I'll learn." Twenty minutes later she texted me to tell me she checked with the pharmacy, and my new meds won't conflict with my Plaquenil. A healthcare provider who texts?!? What the what?!?! I don't know how I got so lucky. I wish every single one of you the amazing luck that I've had.

Today was like that moment in an epic movie, when everyone is starting to give up, and the camera pans around sad faces, then settles on a child who looks up with a gleam in his eye, and one by one the people around him start smiling, and the camera pulls back to reveal our hero has returned. I know it'll still be a fight, but now I'm fighting with the sharpest sword in the world. (guns are for kittens)

Hmm, incidentally, that would be my band name, if I ever had a band. Guns Are For Kittens. We'd have ironic t-shirts and a small cult following.

I can't remember the last time I felt this kind of hope. =)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-05-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

WOOOOOO!!!! YEAH!!!!!

That is WONDERFUL! Not only finding someone so great - but someone that you already have a relationship with and you KNOW will really help you through everything.
    I'm so super happy and excited for you!!
    And you used the word Twiterpated! I love it!
    Congratulations!! YAY!! Go good doctors!!! Go you!!

Thanks

You hit the doctor lotto!!!! Congrats!

Thanks

Congratulations on finding a wonderful healthcare team! That's great that you already knew the nurse practitioner - you are in good hands. I hope you start feeling better soon!