Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck?

Thanks

Default Wish me luck?

I finally fired Dr. Naysayer (without notice, cuz he doesn't deserve it) and I'm trying out a new Primary Care Physician today. It's beginning to feel like trying on shoes. No, it's more important than that. I know! It's like finding the perfect wedding dress. My options are way limitted by my budget and my location, but I'm determined to find one that fits. In this analogy the new doc/wedding dress must go with the veil/Rheumy I already spent most of my money on.

Here's what I'm thinking:

I think I need to be straight forward with this guy, while still acting professional.
    I think I'm going to ask him what he knows about AI diseases, and what he's willing to learn.
    I'm still trying to think of a way of doing that that won't offend him.
    I think I'm going out in public w/o makeup on, so he can see my rash for himself.
    I think I'm going to call 30 minutes before my appointment, to see if they're running on schedule.
    Actually, that might irritate them. Maybe I won't do that.

Mostly I think I'm tired, and I don't feel good, and it's hot outside, and I really don't want to take the two hours it's going to take to shower and put clothes on, on top of the wait time in the office, and the initiation of a brand new doctor. I'd rather stay in bed in my blacked out room with the air conditioner set on 69 but struggling to maintain 75 degrees. I've almost called to change my appointment 3 times. But I know I have to do this. It would be ridiculous to not go to the doctor because I felt too sick. (Although, I've been known to do that before.)

So please wish me luck guys. Here's to hoping he gets it, understands, is willing to try, blah, blah, blah. And here's to hoping I can put on a positive face for the appointment so that he doesn't immediate circle "Depression" and leave it at that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good luck!! Let us know how it turns out
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

sharpiessave (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Bona Fortuna!
    There are good ones out there. I hope that you have found one.
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We are hoping to hear good news that this doctor works out perfectly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mdawncooper For This Useful Post:

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I THINK that all of that was perfect! I even liked the part about asking if they are on time. That can be done without insulting them and it will make you feel better when you go in. They work for you... not the other way around!

Good luck!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Man, I just accidently deleted a whole long thing. . .

It went kind of like this:

I waited so long to get into a room that by the time I was back there my blood pressure was 138/89, and I'm usually a cool cat. The nurse did her thing, and then I played on my phone for a little while, waiting for the doctor. So. . . I hear stirrings outside my room, then a knock. In walks the new doc, followed by his new nurse practitioner, ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!! WHO'S NOW GUNNA BE MY NEW PCP!!!!!!!

I know it's impolite to use all caps on the internet, but honestly folks, I'm SCREAMING WITH JOY.

Some of you know I used to work in an emergency room. While I was there I worked with a nurse who was everything a nurse is supposed to be: compassionate, super-intellegent, just basically all-around awesome. She was taking classes to become a nurse practitioner, and now SHE'S MINE!!!!!

I thought she was going to set up a practice in Kansas. She's who I've called dozens of times when I wanted to know what my lab work "really" meant. I remember a conversation we had almost a year ago. We were sitting on my couch. She had driven 50 miles to come look at the results of my MRIs, and various labwork. I was complaining about how no one would take me seriously, how I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't get a doctor to say so. She said, "I really think it's something autoimmune related. You need to ask the doctor to check. . ." and listed all of the tests that would later confirm The Mess.

I've been grinning and bearing this thing all along, and pretending to have a good handle on it, while secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) being freaked out. Now I feel hope. Actual hope! I know with this amazing woman on my team I'm going to have the best care, always.

I can't quit crying, and I feel awesome. Everything hurts, and I feel great! I'm frakking flabbergasted. I'm totally twitterpated. I'm the happiest lupie in the world. =)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiessave View Post
    Man, I just accidently deleted a whole long thing. . .

It went kind of like this:

I waited so long to get into a room that by the time I was back there my blood pressure was 138/89, and I'm usually a cool cat. The nurse did her thing, and then I played on my phone for a little while, waiting for the doctor. So. . . I hear stirrings outside my room, then a knock. In walks the new doc, followed by his new nurse practitioner, ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!! WHO'S NOW GUNNA BE MY NEW PCP!!!!!!!

I know it's impolite to use all caps on the internet, but honestly folks, I'm SCREAMING WITH JOY.

Some of you know I used to work in an emergency room. While I was there I worked with a nurse who was everything a nurse is supposed to be: compassionate, super-intellegent, just basically all-around awesome. She was taking classes to become a nurse practitioner, and now SHE'S MINE!!!!!

I thought she was going to set up a practice in Kansas. She's who I've called dozens of times when I wanted to know what my lab work "really" meant. I remember a conversation we had almost a year ago. We were sitting on my couch. She had driven 50 miles to come look at the results of my MRIs, and various labwork. I was complaining about how no one would take me seriously, how I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't get a doctor to say so. She said, "I really think it's something autoimmune related. You need to ask the doctor to check. . ." and listed all of the tests that would later confirm The Mess.

I've been grinning and bearing this thing all along, and pretending to have a good handle on it, while secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) being freaked out. Now I feel hope. Actual hope! I know with this amazing woman on my team I'm going to have the best care, always.

I can't quit crying, and I feel awesome. Everything hurts, and I feel great! I'm frakking flabbergasted. I'm totally twitterpated. I'm the happiest lupie in the world. =)
    YAY!YAY!YAY!!! This is what caps are for girly! You use them when you are excited or yelling so people get the point! I can't even begin to say how happy I am for you!It is like turning a corner when you get someone who is willing to speak up for you! You can exhale now and start relaxing. The disease is still going to suck but thankfully the road to healing is looking brighter!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiessave View Post
    I AM HAPPY FOR YOU

yes i screamed that out LOUD

(bold and capitals is louder than capitals alone)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh I am so happy for you! I know the feeling of finally feeling safe in the hands of a doctor you know with respect you and help you! Yeah!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh, that's excellent news!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! A good PCP practice is worth its weight in gold for us! (I had to deal with a lot of nasty frogs before I found my prince(ss), too, so I totally understand the struggle!).

Congratulations!!!!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaL For This Useful Post: