Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticked off!!

Thanks

Mari,
    It just doesn't seem right for hospital employees to be making a patient who is there for chest pains feel even worse. What if the upset that she caused set off an actual heart attack? It seems to me that the hospital would be liable for that. I hope that you can soon get some decent care and answers.
    Let us know how you are doing later.
    Hugs,
    Marla

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Yeah! And we'll bring perfect weather, too. =)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiessave View Post
    Yeah! And we'll bring perfect weather, too. =)
    I'll take it! Another 100 plus temp here...the good news is that I am about to go home
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Omg, i can't believe they would treat you like that. I hope they don't expect you to pay that bill. I'm so glad you had your own meds and are ok to go home. You are okay, right?? Take care and keep us updated.
    Sue

'Friends are like stars.....You don't always see them, but you know they are there.'

Thanks

Unbelievable! Well, no, strike that -- it's a prime, horrible example of how messed up our system is! I'm so sorry you had to deal with the tacky, uncaring financial people. And GOOD FOR YOU for not signing that promissary note! I'm glad you're going home and I hope you feel much better soon!

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am home now and I wanted to thank ya'll for letting me vent today. It was just a bit overwhelming and I knew all of you would understand. Hope everyone is doing well. I am surely glad to be home
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I'm in Texas and I want you to message me later and tell me which hospital because I definitely don't want to end up there. Praying peace for you because as much stress as you have been through that is probably making the chest pains worse.

Hang in there!
    Mel

Thanks

I am so sorry for your troubles. This world is funny, well the hospital and insurance thing is funny. Last year I lost my insurance because I lost my job because of lyme disease and now I know also lupus flare ups. Well I wasn't working but my husband who is self employed was just paying the bills and I try to get medicaid just for my medical treatment and because at the end of the month one of my husband's suppliers hadn't cashed a check, I was denied. Yeah, lets deny the coverage so I can get sicker and will be less likely to work and will need more help from the government. But you have those that are doing everything they shouldn't and taking advantage of our world and they get help.

Good luck, Hugs.

Thanks

This thread makes me so sad. Thankfully I am still in the emerging phase of lupus and have not had to endure a hospital visit. I'm so sorry to hear how you had to deal with such a lack of compassion, on top of being sick and scared.

The cost of medical care shocks me. I live in Canada and have never had to consider it. I can't imagine the stress.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks

Ya know, what happened today was absolutely horrible and I have to say that I have never been made to feel so worthless in my lifetime. While the finance woman was outwardly horrible looking back at it I became saddened by the Cardiologist. He had the staff run almost all the tests on me and he came to see me right after W***CH lady so it didn't hit me right away but what happened with him made me sad. He walked in and told me that everything looked OK on the tests today however we need to find out if I have a blood clot somewhere (especially since I have that lovely clotting problem) and we have to do a stress test. He then told me to make an appointment with his office to do the stress test. I told him that I have no insurance and can't afford that. You would think that he would offer suggestions on how we could get it done since he was so adamant about me having one but he didn't do that. He looked at me and kind of shrugged before saying "Well, maybe you can go to one of your old doctors or at that hospital in Tomball to get it done because they may take people like you".

People like me. What does that mean "People like me". People who are ill and need help? People who lost everything because of a medical condition that too 2 years to diagnosed with? Ohh maybe "people like me" who worked my entire life just to be told that, on disability, I make too much money (HA) to fit in the indigent category so I can't have any medical care until Oct of 2012. No, what he meant was very clear by his body language, "People like me" meant people hadn't planned their life well enough so they are in this situation with no health insurance. Surely, had I been saving for a rainy day rainy day and would never be in this position.

People like me. I will tell you who "people like me" really are. We are strong, ill people that have put up with too much bulls**t by "people like you" .
    "people like you" think that all the years of schooling have made you an expert of all things. "People like me" are kind, caring people that pick up the souls of the other people that you have stepped on your way up to sainthood. "people like me" are what you wish you could be.

People like you, however, go out to lunch with "people like Financial woman" and feel like equals doing it. "people like me" come to WHL and help those harmed by an encounter with "people like you"

exhales deeply. OK, I am done now. I have it all out of my system. Thanks to each and every one of you for your help today. I do adore all of the other "people like me" that have made a home here at WHL
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Elo (08-06-2011), Gizmo (08-06-2011), n.mac (08-05-2011), running girl (08-05-2011)