Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticked off!!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Ticked off!!

As many of you know I fought the "doctor fight " for well over a year."it is classic ""lupus" to "no it is axle lupus because the blood work isn't right" and then the seizures started and when I asked if it was now SLE since there was organ damage they said "no, the seizures have nothing to do with the lupus ( yea.... Right).

Anyway, I am currently in the hospital due to chest pain however they are refusing to give me my plaquinel and steroids because the doctor put those on hold. So it qppears that I am going to have to have to do the "you don't have the blood work to have lupus" fight again and I really not up to it today!

Sorry for the language but this seriously pisses me off
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

thinking of you.
    hold in there, your battle is with the desease, not the doctor.

they do not understand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Oh no! I am so sorry, Tgal! I hate that you're having to deal with this when you're not feeling well and I hate doctors who think they need to come in and reinvent the wheel. It puts people like us in jeopardy!

Do you have an advocate who can set them straight so you can concentrate on taking care of yourself and getting better? I'll be praying!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaL For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Thanks

How could they?!?!?!?! I'm completely bewildered. . .

They're doctors! Don't they know that plaquenil and prednisone can't just be stopped? Especially not on the doses you've been taking. TAPER!! That's what we've heard a million times. I mean seriously, what the earth?!?

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this ridiculousness on top of chest pain. For the rest of the day I'm going to be daydreaming about driving to Texas all full of rage and vinegar and giving those docs a stern talking to. I might have the voice of 12 year old boy, but I cuss like a sailor, and I can be scary when it's called for.

Whew, ok. . . had to get that out of my system. Deep breaths. . .

You can do this. Maybe that year of fighting gave you the knowledge and skills that are going to be required to win this battle. You must be exhausted, but you're so hardcore I'm 100% sure you have the strength to win this one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Thinking of you! and sending my well wishes and fiestyness to fight the doctors!!!!

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Thanks

Thanks everyone but it got worse. The lady from financial aide came up wanting 5000 dollars as a down payment since I have no insurance. When I told her I didnt have that she informed me that this is a private hospital and they don't do "charity cases". she told me that she would go get a promissory note for me to sign and I refused. She then began to explain that the Er was one thing but now I am in the hospital and stable. She handed me a paper with just the hospital bill so falr (13,000) and that it will keep going up. By the end if the discussion.I was crying and pressing the button for the nurse as she walked to the door, her back to me and said ' so you leaving now... Right"

The nurses were wonderful but when the cardiologist camE in he told me tthat everything looks ok but I need to come to his office and get a stress test . When I told him i had no insurance and coudnt afford it he said "well maybe tey going to your old one. He might be able to help you" wow.
    Sorry for all of the errors in this post. 1 I am on my phone 2 I don't have my glasses and 3 I am doing something I selldome do... I just can't stop crying ( who knows wham may be typed here because I can't see the auto correct or what it is really saying

Thanks for listening... I reLly needed it
    Last edited by tgal; 08-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Lol for everyone that is keeping score... We finally scored! My niece came in and I was upset about my mess and she said "didn't you bring all your meds with you'? yepppp I sure did! since I am going home later I went ahead and took them myself!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Lol for everyone that is keeping score... We finally scored! My niece came in and I was upset about my mess and she said "didn't you bring all your meds with you'? yepppp I sure did! since I am going home later I went ahead and took them myself!
    Hooray for our side!! That's exactly what I would have done. How are you feeling now?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Omgosh your story is horrible! This is one crazy ignorant world we live in! You poor girl. The ER should have transported you to another hospital if the private one wouldn't accept you. I don't get this horror.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-05-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ok sharpiessave, I'll pick you up on the way! We'll go to Texas and kick doctor butts! How DARE they mess with a lupie! Don't worry tgal, the cavalry is on the way!!! (and since we are daydreaming, I want it noted that we'll be arriving in a Lamborghini Countach. Gotta make an entrance ya know!)
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

sharpiessave (08-05-2011), tgal (08-05-2011)