Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vitamin D Deficiency Among Systemic Lupus Erythematosis Patients

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had problems with Vitamin deficiency too, had bad muscle spams because I had no Vitamin D, but brought that up with prescriptions and now on a daily over the counter multi-vitamin and it has helped me sustain a normal vitamin D level.

Thanks

I was taking 50,000 daily for 2 weeks and then my rhumey Dr. put it to 5,000 i.u. daily. My B12 level was really low too. So, once a month I get a B12 shot.

Thanks

My Vitamin D has always been low, but I was never prescribed anything for it. However I had a recent visit to the doctor, and he put me on some based on a blood test from '09. I don't have money so he doesn't like to run tests unless he has to. Current dosage is 25,000 IU daily for 2 weeks, then 25,000 IU every other day until the bottle is gone (I think it's 30 pills so a month and a half)

I don't know if it's the placebo effect or not, but today is my 3rd day and I think I actually am feeling better, less finger pain, and I'm not so tired...though I'm still tired.

Thanks

Our town Dr. here has everyone on 50,000 IU weekly, he swears by it. Now my sister takes it because her vit D level was low but she's not sick and she said it gave her a real boost in energy. I'm on the same dosage and don't even notice but maybe I should suggest taking it like you to get that little boost. I wouldn't care if it was a placebo effect or not as long as I got up off my rump. haha
    Charlette

Thanks

lol don't get me wrong I still slept 12 hours today! But when I'm awake I don't feel quite so exhausted, it kinda feels like things I want to get done might be just a little more achieveable :P