Thread: Lupus and Bipolar

Thanks

Default Lupus and Bipolar

Hello all,
    I am Bipolar diagnosed years ago, before that my diagnosis was Depression but as time went on I fell into manic states as well, as well as memory loss, confusion and speech issues.

My symptoms seem to effect my nerves, could it effect my mood as well, I didn't see that in the symptoms.

I only say that because since I have been on my new meds my moods have greatly improved. I find them better, but I have noticed in the past right a bad outbreak my moods go crasy, so you have to wonder...

I didn't see bipolar disorder on th symptom list.

Thanks

Hi JustDave...

I've read in various placing on the Internet, where that have been articles trying to make a connection with bipolar and Lupus but it hasn't been made.

In my book reads though I have not read that, trying to find a connection. Involving Lupus I've read in many books altered behavior such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, depression and cognitive behavior which could be the results from chemical imbalance, disease activity, infection or a reaction to the medication we take....

And cognitive dysfunctions.. confusion, fatigue, memory impairment..difficulty articulating a thought especially when the disease is active...

A few other neurologic manifestations are headache, altered mental alertness ...stupor, excessive sleepiness...peripheral neuropathy, stroke...

Hope this helps...

Happy Saturday..enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    I think that a flare can affect ones moods very much so. I know it does me. I am not to sure about by polar though. I can't help but think that depression results from this illness big time. Shoot it is depressing when you hurt all over and other things. Lupus can affect any part of the body at any time.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.