Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Lupie moment!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

yay! Ok then I will share one of my families favorites.

When I was a teen and very early 20's let's just say that I would not have been considered a good influence on your kids. Actually, that isn't true.. I was very good at hiding it so parents loved me but IF they really had known me I wouldn't have been a good influence! So we had this festival in the town that we lived in and my mother made the shirts to sell there. People from another town came and saw her shirts then asked if we could do one for their festival! My mom was so excited so she had the T-shirts made and we headed out the night before the festival so we could start setting up bright and early

Welllllll... we pulled into our parking spots and started taking things in. I had been diagnosed with an eye infection and it was time to put my drops in. I reached into my purse, pulled them out and put 3 good drops in. I went to open my eye and it wouldn't open! I tried again and NOTHING. I looked down at the bottle just to realize that I had not put my medicine in my eye I had put in the super glue that was used on my fake nails! I think I let out a few cuss words before my sister in law came over (she was high at that moment) and I told her what happened. We both DIED laughing. I mean, come on! Who actually glues their EYE shut!

When my mother came over she did not think it was funny at all! She also didn't think our laughing about it was proper either LOL. Anyway, my mom took me to the ER in the tiny town and proceeded to tell them what happened (I continued to chuckle every time the words "glued shut" were said). I did stop laughing when the nurse called poison control and mentioned surgery. At that point it was not funny at ALL!

Well to make a long story short this lovely EMS man came in and handed my mom 2 wash clothes. He told her to get them as hot as she could then rotate them on my eye. It should begin to loosen. It did. Very slowly but it did. Just as funny as I thought when this started is how MAD my mother was when she knew I was OK. We did sell shirts at that festival although I had to keep am ugly blind fold on that eye for several days.Anytime my family begins telling stories I KNOW this one will be in there somewhere!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (08-08-2011), Gizmo (08-06-2011)

Thanks

Oh good gracious! Yeah, if I were your mom, I'd have been furious, too! Nutty kid. At least you didn't freak out about it. I'd have been the freak-out kid.

Thanks

Well Everyone,
    My DH had a Lupie moment this morning and he's not even Lupie!
    On weekends, he gets our morning meds and supplements out and places the pills in a bowl for each of us while I'm pouring my cereal and slicing my banana. He pours the coffee, helps me to the table, pours his own cereal, and then joins me at the table. He always gulps his pills down all at once while he's eating. I'm more dainty, and I take mine one at a time. This morning, when I reached for my bowl, I noticed two big fish oil pills. I take a liquid version of this - the pills are hard on my stomach. Then I noticed other differences and realized that I had the wrong bowl. It was too late for Jeff - he had already gulped MY pills!

Luckily, the only prescription meds that were in there were my Plaquenil and my Pilocarpine. I teased him that he might have some gastric upset from the Plaquenil and start drooling from the Pilocarpine. Sure enough, the Pilocarpine really got to him. He did notice a lot of saliva, but he noticed sweating even more. Remember, it's chilly here - it was about 59 outside. He was sweating so much that he had to take his outer shirt off for a while. I certainly got a laugh out of it!

So, my hubby has learned a lesson - always let the Lupie wife inspect her bowl of meds before gulping his own!
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-07-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Well Everyone,

So, my hubby has learned a lesson - always let the Lupie wife inspect her bowl of meds before gulping his own!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Oopsies!

Poor guy. Bet he's much more careful in the future.

My husband would be down for the count because my Ultram would be in there. The first few doses I took of Ultram made me really loopy for about 20 or 30 mins each time. My husband conks out to 5 mgs of Vicodin. I can't imagine him on Ultram. He'd be hilarious.

Thanks

Oh Marla, that is funny. Now you can tell him, " welcome to my lupie world".

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KCat View Post
    Oopsies!

My husband would be down for the count because my Ultram would be in there. The first few doses I took of Ultram made me really loopy for about 20 or 30 mins each time. My husband conks out to 5 mgs of Vicodin. I can't imagine him on Ultram. He'd be hilarious.
    He's lucky you're more mature than I am. If he really pissed me off I might slip him one the next morning to get some good laughs in that day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    He's lucky you're more mature than I am. If he really pissed me off I might slip him one the next morning to get some good laughs in that day!
    Never said I was mature. But nah, I wouldn't do that to him. Well, I wouldn't do that to me! I'd have to live with the consequences. Now I've thought about slipping him one of my Valiums now and then when he's been in stress mode.

He paces. He'll get a handful of peanuts and pace and rattle the nuts in his hand. ARG!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    I am torn as to whether or not to tell this, but I know all you women on steroids will get this. I recently went to spend the day with my daughters. My youngest one who always blurted out whatever flies across her mind, looked at my chest and said, "Omgosh are those all you? Wow! How did you get those! I want them!" So, for all you women afraid of going on prednisone, I can attest, things have changed in that area! Take heart!
    Oh my another reason to fear prednisone for me! lol....I so don't want any more...Good story though!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KCat View Post
    Oopsies!

We were discussing this. My hubby works for the military, and it would not be good for his career to accidentally ingest something that would show up on a random "wizz quizz".
    Lucky for him, I'm terribly allergic or sensitive to most painkillers and can't take them. I'm VERY allergic to any opioid, which I think Ultram might be. My one experience with a Tramadol was a very bad one - we found out that it was an opioid after I reacted. I can't even eat a poppy-seed muffin or salad dressing without breaking out and having my throat swell shut. The one time that I took just one Vicodin I was floating for a couple of days. I also over-react to muscle relaxants. If I take a Baclofen for the spasms, I sleep for 14 hours and then feel hung over the entire next day. The docs have gotten pretty frustrated with me when trying to prescribe anything. I pretty much have to stick to an occasional Aleve.
    My crazy over-reaction to meds was a big part of my choice to have my babies naturally, and at home. I did not want to have to fight with a hosp. about meds while in labor.

So, Jeff lucked out - he just had to deal with a little gastric upset and a lot of sweating and drooling - LOL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    We were discussing this. My hubby works for the military, and it would not be good for his career to accidentally ingest something that would show up on a random "wizz quizz".
    Lucky for him, I'm terribly allergic or sensitive to most painkillers and can't take them. I'm VERY allergic to any opioid, which I think Ultram might be.
    It is. Different from vicodin but still an opioid.

If anyone gives a rat's backside:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol