Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Lupie moment!

Thanks

Default Favorite Lupie moment!

In thinking about the phrases we hear most or hate to hear most, I thought of some of the things my daughter has said over the years. None of which were that bad. She whined about not being able to go shopping and "spend Dad's money." She was joking of course but...

But perhaps the best moment was a result of the fact that I was forced to use a wheelchair for a few years when we went to the mall. This was something I hated but walking and being under the UV wore me out and left me in bed for two or three days each time we went. When I begged off a mall trip because I just didn't want to do the wheelchair thing again, my daughter, 15 at the time, piped up and said, "But Mom, you know how much I love to push you around."

If only she'd been kidding...

She's been a smart alek all her life. I told her to pick up her room once when she was five. She said she couldn't because it was "too heavy."

It's good to have happy people in your life. To this day she is my little blonde ray of light. I just wish she wasn't living 250 miles away.

What have been some bright moments in your journey?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KCat For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (08-08-2011), Gizmo (08-06-2011), tgal (08-06-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I was down at the marina one day getting our boat ready for a day trip, and I was talking to my sister about how I recently had some serious fog and a bad flare.

The harbormaster overheard part of our conversation and came over to scold me saying that even the best flaregun in the world won't help you if you get lost in the fog out there. Don't go into a fog bank son, that's how accidents happen...

I just said umm, OK, thank you for the advice sir. We started laughing as he walked away, and I think he was kinda miffed thinking we weren't taking him seriously. When we got back later that day, I took him aside and explained to him what we were talking about. He broke out into a huge belly laugh, it was great! And surprisingly, he actually knew what Lupus is, but did not know the terminology or catch phrases we use. We both still laugh about it.

Funny stuff.

Rob

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (08-08-2011), Gizmo (08-06-2011), lovedbyHim (08-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I was down at the marina one day getting our boat ready for a day trip, and I was talking to my sister about how I recently had some serious fog and a bad flare.

The harbormaster overheard part of our conversation and came over to scold me saying that even the best flaregun in the world won't help you if you get lost in the fog out there. Don't go into a fog bank son, that's how accidents happen...
    Great collision of two very different situations.

Now, if we could just use a flaregun to find our way in the lupie fog!

Thanks

I am torn as to whether or not to tell this, but I know all you women on steroids will get this. I recently went to spend the day with my daughters. My youngest one who always blurted out whatever flies across her mind, looked at my chest and said, "Omgosh are those all you? Wow! How did you get those! I want them!" So, for all you women afraid of going on prednisone, I can attest, things have changed in that area! Take heart!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-06-2011)

Thanks

KCat,
    I have a short blond daughter with a sharp tongue, too. She inherited it from her Dad's mother, and she reminds us of her grandmother in many ways.
    My kids all live in other states. Sometimes I miss them, but usually I'm glad that they and their dramas are far away - LOL!

My funny story comes from long before I had AI issues. The youngest three kids are involved - Tom was @5, Kayla (sharp tongue) @3.5 and Meghan was a toddler.
    I had given them some Easter seals and envelopes to play with. Kayla came to me blubbering that Tommy had "mailed" Meg far away. I found her on the front porch wearing only a diaper and with Easter seals stamped all over her face. Tom had put her there for the mailman to take her away!
    Kids can give us such great memories!
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    I am torn as to whether or not to tell this, but I know all you women on steroids will get this. I recently went to spend the day with my daughters. My youngest one who always blurted out whatever flies across her mind, looked at my chest and said, "Omgosh are those all you? Wow! How did you get those! I want them!" So, for all you women afraid of going on prednisone, I can attest, things have changed in that area! Take heart!
    LOL! Magic! Dontcha love their candidness?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    KCat,
    I have a short blond daughter with a sharp tongue, too. She inherited it from her Dad's mother, and she reminds us of her grandmother in many ways.
    My kids all live in other states. Sometimes I miss them, but usually I'm glad that they and their dramas are far away - LOL!

My funny story comes from long before I had AI issues. The youngest three kids are involved - Tom was @5, Kayla (sharp tongue) @3.5 and Meghan was a toddler.
    I had given them some Easter seals and envelopes to play with. Kayla came to me blubbering that Tommy had "mailed" Meg far away. I found her on the front porch wearing only a diaper and with Easter seals stamped all over her face. Tom had put her there for the mailman to take her away!
    Kids can give us such great memories!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    They are a joy (and sometimes a heartache). Mine is 28 now and still speaks her mind and stands up for anyone she perceives as getting short shrift. I'm so very proud of her, even when she's using that smart mouth of hers. Perhaps mostly then because I know she comes by it honestly. Apparently she said something the other day and her husband said, "Oh my Gosh, you sound just like your mom!" Oopsies.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

She's been a smart alek all her life. I told her to pick up her room once when she was five. She said she couldn't because it was "too heavy."
    LOL!!! Your daughter is AWESOME! That's such a smart thing to say at that age! WOW!

I don't actually have any fun Lupus moments... It hasn't yet been a year, so i'm still waiting for something funny - besides the usual slip ups where I say the wrong thing or something. Yesterday, I said "We should wait until one... and be back at one, so we can catch Keith when he gets home".

Wait...so you want to wait to leave until one...but be here at one?? What?

Anyway - I get teased for that a lot, which helps, but honestly doesn't make for *too* memorable a funny story.

I LOVED Rob's story...that's so funny, I don't think you could actually get a better misunderstanding!
    Last edited by Elo; 08-06-2011 at 01:04 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Ok I have a question. Does it have to be about Lupus or can it be anything in our lives. I ask this because we have the "you know you have brainfog" thread which is completely about the disease but we have no where to put just funny things that we did or said from any time in our life. Let me know
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Ok I have a question. Does it have to be about Lupus or can it be anything in our lives. I ask this because we have the "you know you have brainfog" thread which is completely about the disease but we have no where to put just funny things that we did or said from any time in our life. Let me know
    Oh, I say open it up to anything! Just have fun and find a bright funny moment in your day, your life. Originally I was thinking about lupie stuff but why limit it to that?