Thread: Benlysta, anyone?

Thanks

Default Benlysta, anyone?

I'm wondering if anyone here has started the newly approved (in the US) drug Benlysta? I'm also wondering if the insurance companies (including Medicare) are paying for it because it's apparently very expensive!

I've been taking Cellcept and Plaquenil for about 5 years now and it's just not working as well as it did previously. I'm at the max dosages, too, so we've got to start looking at something new. I've failed methotrexate and the anti-TNF biologics (Remicade, etc.) miserably in the past. I'd love to give Benlysta a try if it's possible!

Thanks for any comments or insight!

Julia

Thanks

Hi again! I know slim is taking benlysta and has some blows. Good luck.

Thanks

Default Benlysta has been a god send to me

I have been on Benlysta for 2 months all my pain went away, I know it;s expensive but the drug company gave me
    $ 7,000, plus I was lucky that my insurance deemed it a medical nessesity.( maybe they were tired of all the biopsies mri's etc that they are paying for ) I think I have the nuber for patient assistance from the drug company if you want it,Personally I have had no side affects.and I have been on everything methotraxte,Imuran Cell CEpt even IV cytotoxin, and I flare at a drop of a hat. Benlysta has been the only thing that works for me

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inkdiver For This Useful Post:

rob (09-08-2011), steve.b (09-08-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inkdiver View Post
    I have been on Benlysta for 2 months all my pain went away.... I have had no side affects.and I have been on everything methotraxte,Imuran Cell CEpt even IV cytotoxin, and I flare at a drop of a hat. Benlysta has been the only thing that works for me
    now that you are on benlysta, are you still on the other medication also?

Thanks

Default meds/benlysta gateway info

NO I am not on anything real heavy, of course I still take plaquinil, lexopro (fibromyalgia) vit D, Nifediac ( for raynauds) and I take a few things to help me sleep cause I have insomnia real bad, and if I don't sleep I flare. I used to flare at the drop of a hat. I can tell you I have been on so many drugs that never worked for me Cell cept Immuran Methotraxte and I even did IV cytoxin, That is why I call the Benlysta my wonder drug.
    I don't know what all qualifies for the drug company to approve you for assistace but I belive this is the nuber to reach them 877-423-6597.