Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi all! So happy to find you!

Thanks

I am in Texas too and right on the coast so the heat is really doing me in too. I look forward to chatting with you.

Melanie

Thanks

Hi Julia,

A warm welcome from me as well.
    I also lived in Texas, 10 years in Houston and 10 years in Dallas,but I moved to upstate New York about 6 years ago and I feel so much better. Like Rob, I love the cold weather, even though we have about 86F today, with high humitity, but my AC is running full steam.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Welcome Julia,

I didn't know my heat intolerance was a part of the Lupus. I just thought I was getting old...and grumpy. Sheesh, it's hot here in Southern Ontario too. What a summer!!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Hi Julia,

A warm welcome from me as well.
    I also lived in Texas, 10 years in Houston and 10 years in Dallas,but I moved to upstate New York about 6 years ago and I feel so much better. Like Rob, I love the cold weather, even though we have about 86F today, with high humitity, but my AC is running full steam.

Debbie
    Have I mentioned that all the bragging by people who are not living in hell, sometimes referred to as Texas, will not be tolerated on this board. To rub our nose in the fact that there are parts of the world that are not hitting 109 degrees is simply wrong! (I wonder if I could give Rob an infraction LOLOL)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hahaha, Tgal, I agree! Of course, we could always send out the Texas Rangers (law enforcement, not baseball players, lol) to round them up and make them suffer here with us! That would teach them!

I just got back from Albertson's (supermarket) where I spent a crazy amount of time picking out fruit and veggies because I really didn't want to go back out into the heat. The cashier was a hoot -- of course, everyone's talking about this wretchedness and she said, "Well, if this doesn't break soon we're gonna have to ask Jesus to come and change all of the wine back into water!" LOL. When it's still 96 degrees at 10 p.m., we have a problem.

Thanks to all who introduced themselves and said hello!!!! I appreciate the lovely welcome!

Running girl, yep, the sun and heat sensitivity are a big part of it for many. I'm blond-haired and blue-eyed, so my skin has always been fair but if I'm outside for 10 minutes, even with sun block on, I get bad sunburn and rashes fast. And later my joints start aching and I feel like someone beat me. Really bad news. I've been in a lot of pain this week, simply from going to the grocery store and doing simple errands.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Have I mentioned that all the bragging by people who are not living in hell, sometimes referred to as Texas, will not be tolerated on this board. To rub our nose in the fact that there are parts of the world that are not hitting 109 degrees is simply wrong! (I wonder if I could give Rob an infraction LOLOL)
    i will not complain that it is a whole 64.4 today in loverly perth - australia.

time for a holiday anyone?

Thanks

nning girl, yep, the sun and heat sensitivity are a big part of it for many. I'm blond-haired and blue-eyed, so my skin has always been fair but if I'm outside for 10 minutes, even with sun block on, I get bad sunburn and rashes fast. And later my joints start aching and I feel like someone beat me. Really bad news. I've been in a lot of pain this week, simply from going to the grocery store and doing simple errands.[/QUOTE]

I have found that even 10 min can be too long in the sun. I never go out without sunblock and long sleeves. I found long sleeved shirts with built in 50 spf protection online from bass pro shops,columbia sports wear and duluth trading. the shirts have built in vent panels so they aren't as hot as regular shirts. a little pricey but worth the trouble.

Here in Chicago we sample everyones weather -We just had 2 or3 weeks of 100 deg weather and before long we will be knee deep in snow with sub zero temps. But spring and fall are great!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n.mac View Post

Here in Chicago we sample everyones weather -We just had 2 or3 weeks of 100 deg weather and before long we will be knee deep in snow with sub zero temps. But spring and fall are great!
    Hey! I live about 4 hours from you in IN. Think this heat wave will ever end? I want some raiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

I'm still trying to think of the best place to live weather wise. Somewhere that doesn't get freezing cold, or so gosh darn hot in the summer. OOOO.. I want someplace that's autumn, all year round. *dreamy sigh*... yeah, right. :P

Thanks

I've always burned quickly and now the heat just zaps my energy. Even the slightest bit of exertion and I'm as red as a beat. I'm so thankful that we got ac last year. Lupus sucks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post

Sorry, I will never rub it in again. I will be in Texas in October, four days in Houston and four days in Dallas. We always go in October, hoping it won't be so hot, while we're there.
    Hope you guys can get some relief soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).