Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi all! So happy to find you!

Thanks

Cool Hi all! So happy to find you!

My name is Julia and I live in Texas. I was diagnosed with SLE about 6 years ago and it just doesn't get any easier, does it? This summer has been absolutely brutal in Texas and no one around me gets how difficult it is to have to hide for months from 100+ degree heat!

I am so pleased to find this group of people who likely do understand and I hope I can offer encouragement and support, as well!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaL View Post
    My name is Julia and I liv

e in Texas. I was diagnosed with SLE about 6 years ago and it just doesn't get any easier, does it? This summer has been absolutely brutal in Texas and no one around me gets how difficult it is to have to hide for months from 100+ degree heat!

I am so pleased to find this group of people who likely do understand and I hope I can offer encouragement and support, as well!

Hi Julia, so glad to have you join us! Yes this summer has been brutal on so many, especially those of us who mind the heat. Hope this family can bring you a place to smile!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

JuliaL (08-04-2011)

Thanks

Thank you so much, LovedbyHim! You've already made me smile!

I had to run errands today and am now paying the price with rashes, painful joints and that cruddy "flu-like" feeling we know so well. Tramadol isn't cutting it, lol. But at least by searching for new suggestions on dealing with it, I found y'all! Always a silver lining, you just have to look.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi julia,
    come over to australia, it is winter at present.
    after years of drought, we are using wellington boots to get around.
    no 100 degrees...... just mud.

any way welcome.

ps. catch up with tgal, she is from texas.
    she is a moderator here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

JuliaL (08-04-2011)

Thanks

Here's a middle of the night Welcome from me too. = ) I'm with you and Tammy on the heat issue. It's killing me. I'm all overly dramatic about it to the point of annoying my family and friends. I can't step outside without uttering "OMG, it's hot!" I gotta cut that out though, because this morning my 4yo goddaughter stepped out with me and said it before I could. Oops.

Everyone's awesome here, and I'm so glad you found us!

Sharpie

Thanks

Hi Steve!
    Too funny because I've been wishing I could just fly away and visit my friends in England to escape the heat, only to find out they're dealing with a heatwave there, too! So I just may have to play the lotto, win, and land in Australia. Wishful thinking! But I should order some Pimms and elderflower cordial. SO refreshing!

I will look for tgal! We can swap "Texas has officially become Hell, USA" heat and drought stories!

Cheers,
    Julia

Thanks

Hi Sharpie!
    Glad to meet you! Only my dogs hear me complain on a daily basis and they seem very sympathetic, lol. Haha, around the neighborhood, though, I'm known as the "lady who is allergic to the sun," according to the kids. Might explain why I never get trick-or-treaters!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Thanks

Hello and welcome, I have been here only a couple months, but this is a great site, hope all is well and have a great day- Gary

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Julia (:
    I'm not in texas, but i'm still experiencing a bit of a heat wave, and it's pretty freaking bad isn't it?
    Glad you found us, I really hope it helps you feel calmer and more understood with the disease.
    Have a good one (:

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaL View Post
    Hi Steve!
    Too funny because I've been wishing I could just fly away and visit my friends in England to escape the heat, only to find out they're dealing with a heatwave there, too! So I just may have to play the lotto, win, and land in Australia. Wishful thinking! But I should order some Pimms and elderflower cordial. SO refreshing!

I will look for tgal! We can swap "Texas has officially become Hell, USA" heat and drought stories!

Cheers,
    Julia
    Hello Julia,

You could come up to Maine. It's a sweltering 58 degrees at 10:00 AM. Forecast high is 65. I just heard on the news that it's going to be yet another 100 plus day down there.

Yes, our other Moderator Tgal is also from Texas, and she's been telling me all about the hellish summer you've been having. I hope you all get a break sooner than later.

Welcome to WHL!

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 08-04-2011 at 07:02 AM.