Thread: new loopy here

Thanks

Smile new loopy here

hi all

my name is michelle and im from essex uk..

i have recently been diagnosed with lupus and thought it would be nice to join a community with like minded people who share the same thing with me

i have a few auto immunes including lupus. fibro.. underactive thyroid.. raynaulds syndrome.. sojgrens syndrome... ibs.. vitamin d deficiency... restless leg syndrome.. chronic fatigue... and aload more..

i have recently noticed more changes that i hadnt had before such as the malar rash, and at the moment terrible ulcers and sweating for england...

im hoping to make new friends and share some tips and advice, thankyou for having me here...

michelle

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi michelle,
    welcome to our cyber family.
    i am 1/2 a world away in australia.
    glad you have found us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Michelle! (:
    Welcome to the forums/ WHL Family!
    It is a really great place to talk to like minded people, as you said, and especially hear from people who have lived and dealt with the disease for so long, and are learning to handle it the best they can.
    I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with so many health problems Lupus on its own sucks enough, but having so many more must be very hard.

Hope you like it here - welcome again (:

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Michelle,

I have the multiple AI thing going too. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and then MS just a couple years ago. Yep, I got em both. I think you'll like this place, as we've got a great bunch of people here.

Welcome to WHL!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to our wonderful lupie family! Finest group of people you'll meet anywhere. Come back often!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL! As has already been said this is a wonderful place! Great people and some of the best information that you can find.
    I too have multiple AI diseases. It seems to be common with us. Once you get one a whole wide world of AI diseases are open and waiting to be your friend. LOL

Please make yourself at home. Read through the threads and post if you want or simply make your own threads if you have something that you want to talk about. If you have any questions about getting around here let us know. We will be glad to help
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Michelle!

Welcome! I'm new, too, and also have a lot of autoimmune unpleasantness going on. I have SLE, Crohn's Disease, hypothyroidism, and heart arrhythmia problems. It can all be overwhelming, can't it? Glad you're here and hope to see you on the forum often!

Julia