Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handicap parking placard

Thanks

They're easy to get. You just need your doc's signature. I LOVE mine. I prefer the placard to the license plate because I can use it when riding in someone else's car. If I'm feeling good, I don't take the handicap parking spot.

Thanks

I prefer having the license plate. There have been lots of instances of people breaking into vehicles to steal the placards. It's stupid, but it happens!
    The plates are less likely to get stolen - too easy for the cops to track down if the thief uses them.
    I was given a blue placard to use when I ride in other people's cars. My friends LOVE to offer me a ride when we're going to a restaurant or shopping!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I have one before I was DX with Lupus, I use my forearm's and like you there are days I am hurting. I also get the look's and the talk people are doing but loud enough you can hear what they are saying. For me I filled my out and took it to my doc mine is good for three years. Now I do know when I moved I can print another one and take it to my city office and get a new one without seeing a Doc. I need to look for that online.
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow - it's good to hear so many having good experiences with it, and it being easy (: I, too, am going to talk to my doctor about getting one. I might not need it all the time, but i do think it would help on my super bad days.

Does anyone have any idea how long they last?