Thread: kitten sittin

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default kitten sittin

I'm kitten sitting. My daughter had to get her 2 kittens out of her apartment for a couple weeks. Mom to the rescue. My older cats are less than pleased. One of my dogs couldn't care less and my Kya superpuppy can't figure out what they are. They smell like cats, they kinda look like cats, but they are sooo much smaller that what she knows a cat to look like. She is perplexed. I am amused. Hubby is less that thrilled. One of the kittens is moving out to the country in 2 days to begin a fledgling career as a mouser. The other will stay with me for awhile then GO HOME. Daughter owes me BIG TIME for this. Some times I am just too blasted nice for my own good... how appropriate that I am now an alley cat...
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-02-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    ... Some times I am just too blasted nice for my own good...
    do you need to take your own advice?

n o .

in saying that, i have a couple of kids animals here.
    Last edited by steve.b; 08-01-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks

Yep I hear ya! I now have my daughter's dog that I was keeping until she moved. Lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

AWWWWWW...kitties!!!!
    If I could take them for you I would. I love animals...especially young ones. And I'll admit, kittens are my favorite.
    If I didn't have better self control, i'd be a crazy cat lady...LOL. But still, I'd LOVE to kitten sit for you!
    *sigh* If only, right? (:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Steve: do as I say, not as I don't do in this case. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Take my own advice. Looks good on paper, sounds good in theory doesn't it? Most of the time I DO take my own advice. There are however, exceptions and this is one of them.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-02-2011)

Thanks

When my daughter left for college she left her two cats here because she thought two cats in an apartment would be too much and she didn't want to separate them. Now she has two cats of her own (of course) and when she comes home we have four. What we do for our kids. Ha!!!!!

Melanie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    AWWWWWW...kitties!!!!
    If I could take them for you I would. I love animals...especially young ones. And I'll admit, kittens are my favorite.
    If I didn't have better self control, i'd be a crazy cat lady...LOL. But still, I'd LOVE to kitten sit for you!
    *sigh* If only, right? (:
    OMG, me too.
    I love, love, love kittens. We have two cats.
    There is a place here, it's called " Lollypop Farm", it's a no kill shelter. They have all kinds of animals, incl. horses, donkeys and off course cats and dogs. It is a huge farm in the woods, like a park, so it is fun to go there, just to see all the animals and when we do, you better check my purse and make sure, that I don't have a kitten in there. I would love to take them all home. I can spend hours at the kitten window and watch them.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Thanks

I agree with Elo and Debbie - I'm a sucker for kitties.
    That's why our house was always full of them, and a few dogs, too. Our kids were always bringing them home. The thing was, the kids would move out, but the animals would stay!
    We're down to just two cats now - and they are spoiled rotten.
    I'll be getting my service dog in late September. Luckily, he was raised by my daughter and spent his puppy days with my cats, so they already know him well.
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I love cats,

My parents travel a lot. When they are out of town, their two cats stay at my house. That's two cats, along with my three. Sometimes it's like a turf war for the first day or two.

Even though my three cats have strength in numbers, they still felt the need to invest in some new hardware to help defend their realm the next time the other two show up-

Click for Fullsize-
    Attachment 4205
    Last edited by rob; 08-03-2011 at 01:38 PM.