Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Dealing with bad times.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I saw this explained on some website I was on but in a video version, so with this link I just printed it out and posted it on my facebook account so all those that are in my life and demand so much when it's to much I can say read this or look at my profile.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Part of my problem is taking care of myself. I can more easily tell someone no then I can do what I need to for me. Like right now I am exhausted but I need to eat but I don't have to energy to make something, I could order out, but I am low on funds and still need a shower and have to leave my house in 1 hr until 9:30 tonight. Ugh, it's nice having a diagnosis because it's not in my head but it sucks having to cater to it.

  3. #13
    rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    I have so much stress right now and was told that triggers flare ups but the flare up is causing me more stress and it's like now that I know what the illness is, I feel like I am using it as an excuse.
    Hi Nicole,

    Stress can definitely cause a flare, and the stress from the effects of the flare can cause the flare to get worse. They feed off each other.

    As for feeling like you are using Lupus as some kind of excuse, try to remember that there is a difference between an excuse, and a reason. My Lupus isn't used as an excuse to not do certain things, but it is the reason why I cannot do these things.

    Rob

    PS-Welcome to WHL.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

    lovedbyHim (08-02-2011), nicolehinkel (08-02-2011), steve.b (08-02-2011), tgal (08-02-2011)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    496
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 257 Times in 145 Posts

    Default

    Awww geez Steve, I'm blushing! or is it a malar rash? I know, its a blushing malar rash! anyhow, thanks for the high praise. I just calls em as I sees em.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

  6. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 270 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    I saw this explained on some website I was on but in a video version, so with this link I just printed it out and posted it on my facebook account so all those that are in my life and demand so much when it's to much I can say read this or look at my profile.

    That's perfect!

  7. #16
    tgal's Avatar
    tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,521
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    I saw this explained on some website I was on but in a video version, so with this link I just printed it out and posted it on my facebook account so all those that are in my life and demand so much when it's to much I can say read this or look at my profile.

    I am really confused. It is most likely my brain fog because I have been having tons of CNS issues so forgive me if I am being an idiot. You say "I saw this explained on a website"... what did you find? I don't see any link or video in this post
    Mari

    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

    ~Winston Churchill~







  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    The spoon therapy. When I was searching for lupus info I saw a video clip about the spoon therapy. NOt exactly described in this setting it was a group thing.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 270 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    Thank you everyone. Yesterday morning I thought I was having a good day well then I crashed and then was a little better and now I just got up and feel dead to the world, I'm so exhausted however I have to get stuff for my son's birthday tomorrow, I have client's tax work sitting here to be done and I have to be in work in a little over 3 hours and I's so exhausted. I just left work early on Thursday to go to the emergency room, friday I called out because of the ER dr and then worked Sunday but now I have to work 5 days in a row. I can't afford not to but right now symptoms are so bad. I have so much stress right now and was told that triggers flare ups but the flare up is causing me more stress and it's like now that I know what the illness is, I feel like I am using it as an excuse.
    No it's not an excuse it's a REASON you feel so horrible. Sleep heals me as good even better than steroids at times. Until you get proper meds you may have to take off and pay bills late. I just missed 9 days of work until they figured out the two hormons that were low and vit. D . I was shot and falling asleep at the wheel. Sometimes it is the only thing we can do. Please don't let yourself or anyone else dictate your well being. Listen to your body carefully from now on, because if left intended, it can start hitting organs. That is what recently happened to my thyroid. There was no pain but I had all the symptoms of hoshimotos flaring.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

    nicolehinkel (08-02-2011)

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Thank you so much. It's nice having support because I don't get it anywhere else and all I want to do is cry right now. I'm just tired of complaining but there are so many symptoms.

  12. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 270 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    Thank you so much. It's nice having support because I don't get it anywhere else and all I want to do is cry right now. I'm just tired of complaining but there are so many symptoms.
    That's what we're here for. You are in a bad spot right now and it sounds like you've in it for awhile. Cry all you need and sleep. Soon you will be on meds and slowly you will notice symptoms lift and feel alive again. Until then then vent all you need, but also take extra care of yourself from here on out. You may have to set new boundaries and delegate more responsibilities. Don't worry if the kids get made at you for it. If their not mad at you for that, they will be mad at you for something else(grin). There is a reason it's called the angry years.

    Read the threads on fatigue & sleep. She them with your husband. All of us crave sleep because our body is so busy attacking us plus trying to fight the bad boys. Is it any wonder we get so tired we cry. When you need a nap, be sure and tell the kids how vital sleep is for your survival. If they don't respect your need for quiet to sleep for at least an hour nap, well...5 AM seems Luke a great time for you to run the sweeper in their bedrooms. Lol. Just a little thought. I had step children that had no respect for my sleep so I am a little touchy about this. The new you will need to develope new plans, and that is okay. Good Luck Nicole. We are all rooting for you on this end!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •