Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Hi, My name is Nicole.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Hi, My name is Nicole.

    I just came back from the doctor and after being told last year I didn't have lupus even though the gene runs in my family and my family doctor blamed all my symptoms past and present at that time on a recent tick bite contracting lyme, he tells me I have lupus, and need to see a rheumatologist. Just saturday he said my ANA levels were high but not what they were, today I asked for a copy and it showed 1:320. I was floored. I have had so many issues and have had numerous surgeries, a miscarriage a very high risk pregnancy with my son being born with thrombocytepenia (sp) and was full term and weighed 3 lbs 15 ounces and now at almost 6 weights about 67 lbs and who develops rashes that look like heat rashes and needs medication for.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 270 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    I just came back from the doctor and after being told last year I didn't have lupus even though the gene runs in my family and my family doctor blamed all my symptoms past and present at that time on a recent tick bite contracting lyme, he tells me I have lupus, and need to see a rheumatologist. Just saturday he said my ANA levels were high but not what they were, today I asked for a copy and it showed 1:320. I was floored. I have had so many issues and have had numerous surgeries, a miscarriage a very high risk pregnancy with my son being born with thrombocytepenia (sp) and was full term and weighed 3 lbs 15 ounces and now at almost 6 weights about 67 lbs and who develops rashes that look like heat rashes and needs medication for.
    Hi Nicole, welcome to our family. I'm sorry you have been through so much with your babies and now being diagnosed with lupus. Hearing those words can be overwhelming. I cried hard the day I was diagnosed. At the same time, I had a sense of relief that finally they could put a name to the insanity that was happening to my body. Once diagnosed, then it could be treated. I felt so much better. I still have rough days but I no longer live for my bed(smile). If you have any questions, you can post it and someone will be glad to be there for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Right now I have been having some majorly bad days because of the great deal of stress I am going through. This is a relief because I finally know it isn't in my head but until it gets under the control I am going crazy.

  4. #4
    tgal's Avatar
    tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,521
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

    Default

    Hi Nicole. First let me welcome you to WHL. I understand how difficult this must be on you. The good news is now that they understand what is going on they can give you the right meds and you can start begin to feel better.I know you are feeling scared and unsure of what to do but that will pass as you adjust. It is going to be OK and, until then, just know that we are here for you,

    Take a look around. There are many threads that have so much useful information. If you have specific questions then feel free to start a new thread yourself. I look forward getting to know you and, once again, welcome to the WHL family. We really are glad to have you
    Mari

    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

    ~Winston Churchill~







  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 270 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    Right now I have been having some majorly bad days because of the great deal of stress I am going through. This is a relief because I finally know it isn't in my head but until it gets under the control I am going crazy.
    Nicole, do you have a supportive family to encourage you dear? I have supportive adult kids and a boyfriend who validate my crappy days as best they can. The WHL family really understand it better because they are on the same journey. Some days are rough and then someone will say something on WHL & crack me up until tears fall from my eyes. Suffering brings about some real genuine twisted humor if you don't let it turn to bitterness. It sounds like you have endured a lot with your babies and soon you will be treated and hope will return. Hang in there a little longer. If you need a laugh, read the thread called, "you know you have brain fog when..." laughter can carry us through some very hard times.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Grizzly Bear,
    My husband is trying but he doesn't do well with medical issues and my family isn't that close and my kids only time will tell, my daughter who is 14 was great today because I picked a few things up from the store but I just couldn't bring them into my mom's and she did for me, even when I was trying she told me to put them down. I don't see the specialist until the 29th and I am currently on steriods because of a sinus infection but the only thing my family doc will give me is vimovo, which doesn't do much. I have started missing time from work, because the last flair up, they blamed on my lyme disease and I kinda made my own schedule then but now it's hard. I can't afford to not work full time monetarily but I also can't physically do it at this moment.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Tgal,
    Thank you. I had to join a forum because I am just lost. My husband is a drummer and gets so much out of the drummer's forum he belongs to and I never understood it but even though I just joined here today, it eases my mind that I can just come on here and say what good or bad day I am having and it's ok. That really helps.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Hi Nicole, I am fairly new to this site too but I can tell you this is a great site with alot of great people! Welcome

  9. #9
    tgal's Avatar
    tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,521
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolehinkel View Post
    Tgal,
    Thank you. I had to join a forum because I am just lost. My husband is a drummer and gets so much out of the drummer's forum he belongs to and I never understood it but even though I just joined here today, it eases my mind that I can just come on here and say what good or bad day I am having and it's ok. That really helps.
    That is exactly what we are here for. No matter how much healthy people love us or help us they can never really understand what we go through. Coming here allows us to find people that "get it" which is a great relief and weight off of our shoulders

    Glad to have you
    Mari

    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

    ~Winston Churchill~







  10. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

    nicolehinkel (08-01-2011)

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    pinjarra, western australia
    Posts
    2,913
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,393
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

    Default

    hi nicole,
    welcome.
    i call this my cyber family.
    i get so much support from my friends here.
    hope you can too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •