Thread: Test Results

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Test Results

I got the Dr. to fax me the bloodwork results for my son today. I didn't get them until almost 5 p.m., so I wasn't able to get them to refax them. When I got them, there are black lines running through the pages, and I cannot read all of the results for all of the tests. The ones I could read are:

dsDNA- 8.8 IU/mL <Flagged as High> Reference: <5.0 IU/mL (also, the doctor had circled the 8.8)

Thyroid Peroxidase Autoantibodies- 62 <Flagged High> Reference: 50 (dr. underlined the 62)

gliadin antibody igA- 5 U/mL Reference: <11 U/mL

SG-A Ig(a/b?Cant tell which one) Autoantibodies- <11.00 units Reference: <11.00 units

SS-B IgG autoantibodies- <11.00 units Reference: <11.00 units

scl-70- <11.00 units Reference: <11.00 units

sm (Smith) IgG Autoantibodies: <11.00 units Ref: <11.00 units

endomysial iga: <1:10 titer Ref: <1:10 titer

Okay, these are the ones I cannot read the results on:

ANA, ribosomal p protein autoantibodies, C3 complement, reticulin IgA Autoantibodies, gliadin igg, Hla-b27

Anyway, I'm disappointed that I couldn't read all of the results, and I'm having a hard time finding out what the results mean that I can read. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am worried about the ones that were flagged as high.

Ps- If anyone wants to take a go at decoding the ANA page, I will post a pic of it. I can't tell if the number is 7.5, 15, or 75 and there's a huge difference in the reference for each one.

Thanks

I suppose you just have to wait for the doctor to explain the results to you. I bet you wished you never asked for the results to be sent to you. When is the appointment?
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

MommySquared (07-30-2011)

Thanks

@Linda: Thanks for your response. Actually, I'm still glad I have the results, even though at first I was overwhelmed. It allows me to do my own research, so I have an idea of what to talk to the dr. about. I hate how they always try to dumb things down, and leave bits out, especially when you are a parent of a small child, it seems they are even worse for doing those things. His appointment is on Aug. 04.

I have been reading alot about these tests and the results. I would be curious to hear someone's input on what is considered "positive" for the dsdna. Since my son's was flagged as high by the lab and circled by the dr. it worries me, but doesn't surprise me. It does appear as though the doctor ran several tests that most drs wouldn't run initially, so that's a good sign. And from running all of those tests, and the specific questions he was asking at the last appointment, it seems as though he strongly suspected lupus from the get-go. Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on any of it, it would be much appreciated. I am reading everything I can get my hands on, but having a hard time finding good info on the dsdna, especially in children.

Thanks

Hi I'm so sorry I al clueless to give you any input on the results, but honestly I would be concerned if my bloodwork had so many highs and lows. I also want to tell you what happened to me recently. I got a copy of my bloodwork and my doc only got part of the results. She never noticed my vit D was low. I made a call to her and she told me it was missing. People make errors. I am too sick to just let others control my heath. In the mental health field we call it, " personal medicine." I hope someone can help you with the lab results.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

So sorry I am late getting here. Has been a rough day.

While I have studied my own test results I don't want to attempt to read your results and attach a meaning to them. That is a doctors job.
    Here is a page that gives meaning to many of the lab tests taken for Lupus. If you need others let me know.

What does that test mean

Below you will find a list of some of the test that may be run

Lab Tests

Hope this helps.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

http://labtestsonline.org/understand...dna/tab/glance

http://www.hopkinslupus.org/lupus-te...s-blood-tests/

http://www.muschealth.com/lab/content.aspx?id=150084

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...242&zoneid=524

I was wondering if anyone has a lab that runs the anti DS-DNA with a reference range of 0-9 and >9 as positive. I spoke with the lab rep that spoke directly to the lab tech, and the tech says the machine that runs this test doesn't go any higher than 10. A couple of years ago, the anti-DS DNA was run with values that could be >120. I don't know if this is true about 10 being the cap value. I have had numerous H 10 results for the anti-DS DNA, but had an 11 today. The Rheumatologist hadn't heard about the 10 as the cap for this lab test, but she wasn't sure if this was a new reference value. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT ON THIS?

Thank you,
    Believe8)

Addendum- The anti-DS DNA was a send out to Lab Corp (in San Francisco, California USA)
    http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/ar...p/t-79980.html

I hope something in that is helpful to you. I dont know what all you already looked at.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.