Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Thanks

Default Hello everyone

Hi, my name is Fran and I am 22 years young. I was recently DX with Lupus July 19, 2011. I'm pretty sure I have had this disease since I was 14 years old because looking back at all the times I was in and out of the hospital, it all makes sense. Doctors would always send me home saying I just have a "virus" or a bad case of the flu. I was very frustrating not knowing what's going on with your body! it was times was just dying slowly because all these different unexplained problems kept happening to me. Now that I know I have Lupus its a HUGE relief for me, although I don't know whats next. I been having a flare up for the past 4 months and it is just awful! Its crazy how this disease change you life so quick. I joined this site so that I can learn different stories and meet other people that are going through the same thing.
    Thanks for reading!
    *FRAN*

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FranzeeSmith View Post
    Hi, my name is Fran and I am 22 years young. I was recently DX with Lupus July 19, 2011. I'm pretty sure I have had this disease since I was 14 years old because looking back at all the times I was in and out of the hospital, it all makes sense. Doctors would always send me home saying I just have a "virus" or a bad case of the flu. I was very frustrating not knowing what's going on with your body! it was times was just dying slowly because all these different unexplained problems kept happening to me. Now that I know I have Lupus its a HUGE relief for me, although I don't know whats next. I been having a flare up for the past 4 months and it is just awful! Its crazy how this disease change you life so quick. I joined this site so that I can learn different stories and meet other people that are going through the same thing.
    Thanks for reading!
    *FRAN*
    Hello Fran! First let me welcome you to WHL. This a wonderful site with fabulous people who will be here when you need something. We are a family and we are glad that you have joined us.

I completely understand the relief when getting a diagnosis. Once there is a name for what we have and a plan for the future it lets you breath a little. Now there are medicines to help and doctors don't look at you like you are nuts because you have all these weird symptoms. I am happy that you are at that place now. Of course it would be best if you were not ill at all but if you have to be then at least you have a name for it.

Once again, welcome to our family. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Fran,

Welcome to WHL, we are glad that you have joined. But I am very sorry that you too have Lupus.
    The best thing for you to do, is read through some of the posts and if you have any questions, just ask.
    This forum has a nice bunch of people, as you will find out soon.
    Are you taking any meds yet?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Fran,

Welcome to our group. Please make yourself at home!

Rob

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

FranzeeSmith (07-30-2011)

Thanks

Welcome to this site. I am new too and I have learned so much from all of the wonderful people here. I know that I have had Lupus for at least six years but was diagnosed back in May. Although I have had my ups and downs I have a doctor who really seems to listen to me. We look forward to getting to know you more.

Melanie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Fran, welcome to WHL!
    I'm glad you found us (:
    Being diagnosed with Lupus can definitely be a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, you finally know whats wrong with you, but on the other, it's still scary.
    I've still only been diagnosed as far as being told i have an autoimmune disease, so i can't yet really tell you my Lupus success stories, but ah well (: There are so many great people here who have lived with this disease for many years and know exactly what you're going through.
    Welcome to the forum I hope you like it

Thanks

Hi Franky, nice to meet you. I hope you feel at home here in no time at all. These are good people who will walk with on as some days are rough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Hi Franky, nice to meet you. I hope you feel at home here in no time at all. These are good people who will walk with on as some days are rough.
    Ok my Droid is possessed and it switched your name to Franky. Is there anyone on this forum who can do an exorcisim on this bugger!

Let's try this again. HELLO FRAN!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi fran,
    welcome.
    i too had my symptoms at about 14, but had to wait a little longer for a diagnosis.
    i was 47 when diagnosed, turning 50 later this year

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Ok my Droid is possessed and it switched your name to Franky. Is there anyone on this forum who can do an exorcisim on this bugger!

Let's try this again. HELLO FRAN!
    Hehehe.... Franky makes her sound like a mafia member. "Franky says Lupus better leave soon or Franky will find a way to shut Lupus up... FOR GOOD" *evil stare - crosses arms menacingly and plays with gold chain around neck*

Ehem. Sorry, got carried away. HI FRAN!!! How are you? Go ahead and tell me to shush, hehe.