Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mental evaulation?

Thanks

I don't even know who the Chow Mein person is that you're referring to......

I have such horrible brain fog, even if I'm not in a flare, that I wonder if I could pass a neuropsych exam. I'm going to google it and see if I can find some sample tests......

Thanks for the great background info.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Actually it is not pass/fail. It is ok to be foggy. That is actually what they want to see. I cried during mine because it was the first time I had to really see how bady brain worked now. Don't stress over it. It isn't really hard it is just so they can see what issues you are having with your brain
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Actually it is not pass/fail. It is ok to be foggy. That is actually what they want to see. I cried during mine because it was the first time I had to really see how bady brain worked now. Don't stress over it. It isn't really hard it is just so they can see what issues you are having with your brain
    Yes, exactly, it's not a pass/fail.

I was foggy as heck when I had mine too, since I was still at a point where I had taken no meds to control Lupus long enough to help. I got pretty frustrated, and the lady was just as nice as could be about this. She had a good idea from my education and career info I had filled out earlier as to how I should be performing on the simple cognitive and short term memory stuff. I performed far below where I should have been.

It's definitely an evaluation, rather than a pass/fail affair. Nothing to get worried about.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 07-29-2011 at 06:36 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    I don't even know who the Chow Mein person is that you're referring to......

I have such horrible brain fog, even if I'm not in a flare, that I wonder if I could pass a neuropsych exam. I'm going to google it and see if I can find some sample tests......

Thanks for the great background info.
    A good friend of mine back in AZ, who has an even more twisted sense of humor than I do, suggested that when I go in for my psych evaluation, that I should wear a scroungy old torn up Johnny Rotten or Sid Vicious Tee-Shirt, start barking like a dog, and carry with me a copy of the book Mein Kampf. The title of the book translated from German means "My Struggle", which is nothing but hundreds of pages of insane rantings written by none other than Adolf Hitler.

Since I'm not into punk rock, and I'm not a dog or a Nazi, I declined his "helpful" suggestions. If memory serves, my friend stole some of the line from the late great comedian George Carlin, who had a really funny routine about how to ace a job interview. Two of his "suggestions" for a successful job interview were to write your resume and fill out the job application in scribbled purple crayon, and to carry into the interview, a copy of Mein Kampf. Funny stuff.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 07-29-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks

Rob seen my doc today and told him I was going for mental evaulation, than I told him what you said, he started to laugh than he looked at me very seriously and said... Dont do that!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gkf109 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-30-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gkf109 View Post
    Rob seen my doc today and told him I was going for mental evaulation, than I told him what you said, he started to laugh than he looked at me very seriously and said... Dont do that!!
    OH! That's good stuff. Thanks for returning the laugh!

Thanks

Well today is the big day, 10am this morning.