Thread: Strange skin soreness

Thanks

Default Strange skin soreness

Hey all. Honest i've been reading posts every day, just not felt like posting. The last couple of weeks have been tough. What a way to spend the summer huh? I try to stay inside as much as possible but i have to travel 24 miles every morning at six oclock to get my grandkids then back. I dont know if all the heat this summer has taken me down or all of the traveling but i have really been sick these last few days.. The kids go back to school on Aug 12th so it wont be much longer. My husband says he's amazed that i've made it so far, but we've had a good summer and i've enjoyed keeping them.

Anyway, Okay here is the big symptom question. For years now i have had this wierd sensation off and on of skin soreness. It happens in different spots and almost feels like your skin does after a bad sunburn or a fever. Sore to the touch. For the last few months it has been on my right leg right before my knee starts to ache. But yesterday my intire right side had this feeling with it startin under my armpit then eventuall traveling up and down my entire side. I have mentioned this before to my GP but never got any answers from him.. Do any of you have this? Last night kinda scared me it was so bad and this morning i feel some better. Right before it happened i went out on my deck late in the evening and set with the hubby for about 20 min. My cheeks went bright red and i felt like i was having a massive hot flash so i went in. Just minutes after i went in my skin started getting sore. It was the wierdest thing and made me quite anxious.. of course i know that if i tell my Gp what happened he will turn it all around and say aniexty most likely caused the whole thing if i tell him it made me anxious. I hate the way doctors do that. If you ever once mention the word nervous or anxious about anything that's what they automatically go to. But i was wondering if any have this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to craftkeeper For This Useful Post:

Elo (07-27-2011)

Thanks

No I'm sorry I can't help with this, but it sure sounds terrible. I hope someone else can help. Yes docs always go for the anxiety depression diagnosis when they are incompetent to figure it out. Lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (07-27-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get weird feelings in my skin here and there. Never had so large a section of my body do it. I've always chalked it up to nerve endings messing up. I think someone once called it neuropathy but not sure. Just know that it burns/itches/hurts whatever. It's annoying. Never mentioned it to the doc, just assumed it was a normal thing. But your entire side - that needs to be talked about. Just say you are not stressing about anything and why did this happen??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (07-27-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i also get it in smaller areas.
    and it moves.doesn't stay in the one spot, when i have it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (07-27-2011)

Thanks

I get it as well, but I call it tissue pain, because it is not the outer layer of skin, it feels like it is right under the skin.
    It's a burning, ripping, sharp pain feeling and when it is not hurting, it is totally numb.
    I always have it on my upper back, left side shoulderblade region. Sometimes I have it on my arms, upper and lower, rarely on my thighs.
    I also ask my rheumy about it, he just shrugged his shoulders.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (07-27-2011)

Thanks

Boy i hate to walk into a doctors office tell him what's wrong and have him shrug his shoulders.. The next time one does that to me i think i will shrug my shoulders when they hand me the bill. Yeah i think i will make a appointment and get it checked on. It just goes back to do i go to the Rheumy or the GP

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there,

Susie and I were actually talking about this very thing the other day. My skin has hurt so bad for awhile now. The skin pain, for me, is from the fibro. Lupus is bad enough but there are some days that the fibro hurts more than the Lupus. Lupus pain is very different for me. Although it does involve my skin it usually goes deeper or it is different than sore skin. Lupus pain on my skin usually involves my CNS issues so there is shocking, numbness, traveling pain or a myriad of other skin symptoms. Fibro pain causes my skin to hurt even to the touch. When I lean back against a chair, a hug from my daughter, the movement of clothing against it or anything that touches my skin causes pain.

Not sure if this is the kind of hurt that you meant but this is what happens to me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (07-27-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get the sore spots as well. Sometimes it last just a few moments, others a couple of hours. On the surface of my skin. Very sensitive and feels like nothing else. I also get idiopathic neuropathy. Usually in my feet, but it can be in my arms, knees or back. When that happens, I get sudden extreme pain like I've stepped on a needle or punched. Very intense but doesn't last long. I just ride it out, breathe through it and move on.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (07-27-2011)

Thanks

Well i have to tell you all that i so hate that you all are having the same thing but it does make me feel better that i'm not just creating another problem. i talked with my daughter the Nurse this morning and she said she had been having the same thing. She is going to get some bloodwork done because she's five and a half months pregnant and has worried every since i was diagnosed with all these autoimmune problems.

Tgal i have been wondering if it might be a CNS problem/ But then i have a Fibro dx to. I'm trying to stay calm because the more stressed i get the worse i feel. It's hard to do isn't it? i've had people say just quit thinking about i. Let them try these shoes on for awhile huh?