Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoping to hike again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    It's so encouraging to hear about your progress Tammy! It gives me hope that there are others out there for whom there are "easy" answers if the doctors just know what questions to ask. Enjoy your hike! I wish I could loan you one of our llamas to carry your gear.
    You have llamas? Oh how nice! I used to have a small farm. I had goats & chickens. Oh how I loved it! I would sit in the field and they would nibble at my ears and make me laugh as they did flips and butted each other in the head.

Thanks

Well I did it! I hiked for two hours in the woods! It was wonderful! I got caught in a thunder storm and jogged part of the way to prevent hypothermia. I am exercising daily and lifting light weights to strengthen my arms. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most, is the osteoarthritis. The fibromyalgia spasms are more manageable now that I have more thyroid hormone and vit D increased.

I took a picture but the haze was too heavy in the Vista. I will have a better day and get some good shots.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-31-2011), tgal (07-31-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Well I did it! I hiked for two hours in the woods! It was wonderful! I got caught in a thunder storm and jogged part of the way to prevent hypothermia. I am exercising daily and lifting light weights to strengthen my arms. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most, is the osteoarthritis. The fibromyalgia spasms are more manageable now that I have more thyroid hormone and vit D increased.

I took a picture but the haze was too heavy in the Vista. I will have a better day and get some good shots.
    I am so glad that you had a wonderful day!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-31-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i know a happy girl......

you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-31-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    You have llamas? Oh how nice! I used to have a small farm. I had goats & chickens. Oh how I loved it! I would sit in the field and they would nibble at my ears and make me laugh as they did flips and butted each other in the head.
    I love goats! My daughter raised angoras for a year for FFA and she had 3 kids. We put them in the garage with their mom for warmth and my husband would come home from work at 11 PM and wake them up so he could watch them play.

It is SO exciting to hear how dramatically your life has turned around. I surely wish that others on this site could find something easy that would make such a difference. It gives us all hope that things can change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I love goats! My daughter raised angoras for a year for FFA and she had 3 kids. We put them in the garage with their mom for warmth and my husband would come home from work at 11 PM and wake them up so he could watch them play.

It is SO exciting to hear how dramatically your life has turned around. I surely wish that others on this site could find something easy that would make such a difference. It gives us all hope that things can change.
    Honestly, I started to lose hope. I thought I would truly have to quit my job because of falling asleep at the wheel. Now I still get tired from the UV, but not comatose! Tomorrow I am babysitting my granddaughter for my very sick daughter, and it blesses me that I don't get overcome with exhaustion. I will nap when she naps and be just fine. Thank you for celebrating this with me. I too wish others could feel better as fast as this had made me feel better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Grizzly Bear i see your from PA . I'm in NY and I'm not to far from Pa what part are you from. and do you ever come to NY?? i would love to meet someone who is going threw what I'm going threw. I'm about 1 and half from bushkill falls.. i love hiking but i really cant do it right now. I'm hoping soon..