Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lisinopril Info

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Default Lisinopril Info

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have missed everyone while I have been away! I tried to read some of the threads but I could seldom answer because my hands are too shaky to type well on the phone (and on the computer if the amount of erasing right now is any indication). My brother had a stroke while he was visiting another part of Texas and I have been there since last week. They are having a terrible time getting his Blood Pressure under control so they have been trying one medicine after another. The reason that I tell you this is because of some information that I found out while researching the meds. I take lisinopril and have for awhile which means that it has been a long time since I read the information on that drug. While this information doesn't really affect me I thought it might be helpful to some on here

There are 3 basic types of Lupus (4 if you count SCLE which some think of and some do not). SLE, Discoid and Drug Induced. During my research for my brother I found out that Lisinopril is one of the drugs that can cause Drug Induced Lupus. Since many of us have high blood pressure I thought it was important to share this information with my WHL family. It is very rare (only 1-2 percent) but if you are one of the lucky ones that that ended up having it is worth checking into! For people with DIL most of the time the symptoms go away after coming off the medicine for a little while. I am going to paste a link to medscape where you can read a bit more about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe this information will "fix" someone that trolls through our halls

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (08-28-2011), Jeannetta (08-27-2011), n.mac (08-02-2011)

Thanks

Good Thread, I don't have High blood pressure, I have been researching Lupus for the longest time. To better understanding this disease.
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Thanks

Wow, this is amazing information. I was on Lisinopril for about a 1 and half years and constantly getting sinus and throat infections and feeling horrible. My blood pressure was under control because I had been taken off other medication and had lost my job and didn't have the stress of my old boss. Once off the medicine, my infections went away. I've had one since November 2010 since my doctor took me off it after thinking it could be causing my infection.

Thanks

Thanks for this info because I think my mother may take this drug.

Mel

Thanks

I'l have to ask my gp if he is aware of the connection,I have moderate hb pressure issues,as well as borderline diabetties and it is because of my lupus diagnosis that I am on meds(including 10 mg lisinipril) for these. His reasoning is that it is more important to control blood pressure and diabeties due to possible organ involvement with lupus. My gp and ruhemy are in the same medical group (and building) and they walk around with laptop computers and can see all my records at once but even so it makes you wonder.

Thanks

Well it did take my gp a year and a half and my persistence to link the infections with the medication.

Thanks

Interesting...I was on Lisinopril for years!

Thanks

My mom, step dad, aunt, and grandma take that medication. High blood pressure runs in the family. Hope it never causes them any problems.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I was put on lisinopril myself and my rymet. Told me that prednisone can cause your blod pressure to go up. I was wondering if anyone else has delt with this. Itz frustrating because high Blood pressure doesn't run in my family and evertime I go to any Dr they check my blood pressure as routine, and the first thing im asked; does high blood pressure run in your family? I wanna say check my medications that will tell U why. Personally with the fluctuation of my prednisone the lisinopril isn't working @ its' full potential. So know I have to check my pressure @ home @ least twice a wk. I am just concerned about the pressure issue cause its' something I am not use to. Plus it leads to other issues. It seems like with lupus it's a constant battle to just feel normal or as close to what normal is.

Thanks

Mari, how is your brother doing? Does he have any residual effects from the stroke?