Thread: PVCs

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default PVCs

I had my 24-hour heart monitor test and they called me that evening to let me know that the monitor picked up lots of PVCs during the day. I have an appointment with a cardiologist to have them checked out but have been told they are usually benign. Anyone else have these and what was your doctor's recommendation? I have read that cutting out caffeine can sometimes decrease the amount of them.

I have been feeling them for YEARS, but my previous doctor could never seem to hear them and didn't think they needed to be checked out. My new doctor heard them immediately.

Thanks

Hello Geo,

I had heart tests years back where my heart was jumping abit quick but me being in my 20s the doctor said i don't want to give you heart tablets, hoping it goes right but the palpatations i get can be terrible, so i know how your feeling.

I'm adding a link about PVC's incase you want to view it http://www.medicinenet.com/premature...../article.htm (Type in search Premature Ventricular Contractions)

I wish you all the best Terry xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GeoKasher View Post
    I had my 24-hour heart monitor test and they called me that evening to let me know that the monitor picked up lots of PVCs during the day. I have an appointment with a cardiologist to have them checked out but have been told they are usually benign. Anyone else have these and what was your doctor's recommendation? I have read that cutting out caffeine can sometimes decrease the amount of them.

I have been feeling them for YEARS, but my previous doctor could never seem to hear them and didn't think they needed to be checked out. My new doctor heard them immediately.
    I wore a heart monitor for a week and it showed PVCs. My cardiologist andf my PCP did not think it was serious heart disease. They prescribed anti-anxiety meds which did help.

Thanks

Hi Geo years ago before diagnosed I had something show up on a stress test, but nothing on heart catherization. I have mitrol valve relapse. It makes my heart race and beat irregular. I was put on bloodpressure meds and hated how it made me feel, so I just avoid caffeine and I do fine. Today I'm hiking in the mountains!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2011)