Thread: Stupid question...

Thanks

Default Stupid question...

Hi all, I haven't been on in a while,made the move to Georgia and still trying to get settled and find a job with insurance. Anyway, I know stress is a trigger for me, and my joints actually become tender to touch, the flexirill doesn't help the pain and I'm not sleeping because the pain is intense. Anyway, here is the stupid question, is it possible to have the same type of pain that i get in my hands on my feet? My little pinky joint on my toe is swollen and hurts to even touch, I can't even wear shoes. Thanks for the help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wendylee03 View Post
    Hi all, I haven't been on in a while,made the move to Georgia and still trying to get settled and find a job with insurance. Anyway, I know stress is a trigger for me, and my joints actually become tender to touch, the flexirill doesn't help the pain and I'm not sleeping because the pain is intense. Anyway, here is the stupid question, is it possible to have the same type of pain that i get in my hands on my feet? My little pinky joint on my toe is swollen and hurts to even touch, I can't even wear shoes. Thanks for the help
    Hey there are no stupid questions! Just stupid answers (grin).

Now on a serious note the muscle relaxers don't help my joint pains. Nsaids and steroids reduce inflammation in my joints. Ibuprophin, Mobic, Lodine, are nsaids. When I get like that I call my doc, sleep and usually bump steroids up as doc tells me. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Yes they can. My feet are a swollen mess right now. As far as I know flexeril isn't meant to reduce pain it just helps you sleep. I take Mobic for pain.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Another "Yes" in answer to your question. Joint pain in Lupus is usually caused by inflammation (arthritis). Lupus arthritis causes pain in the fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles, and toes. Lupus arthritis affects joints in all parts of the body and the symptoms (generalized stiffness and pain) is pretty much the same in each affected area. You can also get puffiness in the hands and feet (as well as the pain). Compared to rheumatoid arthritis, lupus arthritis is less disabling and it usually does not cause severe destruction or deformation of the joints. The treatment for Lupus arthritis is similar to the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. Both are often treated with NSAIDs such as: aspirin, salsalate
    (saliscylate ), naproxen, ibuprofen, indomethacin.

When NSAIDs are not adequate to control arthritic pain, doctors will often prescribe antimalarial agents such as hydroxychloroquine ( Plaquenil ). If NSAIDs and Plaquenil are not sufficient to alleviate the inflammation and pain, doctors will then try corticosteroids (Prednisone). Also, immunosuppressive medications can be tried (cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, or methotrexate).

It might be a good idea to speak with your doctors about some of the treatments that I've mentioned above if your current regimen is not providing you the relief that you need.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-24-2011), Peridot20_Gem (07-24-2011), wendylee03 (07-24-2011)

Thanks

Here's another yes from me and besides everything Saysusie as said it can also have something to do with Raynauds if you also have that.

I take paracetamol 1000mg 4 x daily and i find it helps the pain but the swelling goes down when it's ready...i seem to swell alot during the night wheather the heat does it god knows.

Terry xxx

Thanks

I get joint pain but my joints rarely if ever look swollen... does that seem right? I went to the rheumy and she poked and proded and moved around my joints... but they were rarely only barely more sore, I think she was looking for a big reaction to pain but i dont give big reactions to anything.

Thanks

Giggle,

Even though you get pain mate in your joints it does'nt mean you have to swell but i just hate the poking and prodding lark....giggle put it down to your age mate being young, it affects we older ones more (wink) lol xxx