Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charley Horses Anyone?????

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    OK guys, what is that? Another overseas term for legs that kick out sometimes? I have no idea what you are all talking about!
    A Charlie Horse is a serious condition that's caused by acute Vegemite withdrawal. Terrible affliction it is...

(actually, a Charlie Horse is slang for leg cramps)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

magistramarla (07-22-2011), n.mac (07-22-2011), sonmak (07-24-2011), steve.b (07-22-2011)

Thanks

OK guys, what is that? Another overseas term for legs that kick out sometimes? I have no idea what you are all talking about!

Linda I get them...Neyhhhhhhhh.......bucking wildly here!

Thanks

Well, Rob seems to be in a fine mood today!
    Linda,
    It is a leg cramp or spasm that just won't go away - can pull you down to the floor quite suddenly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Well, Rob seems to be in a fine mood today!
    Linda,
    It is a leg cramp or spasm that just won't go away - can pull you down to the floor quite suddenly.
    I love the cross-cultural education I get here. A little while back, I didn't know what Vegemite was. Then, our good friends from Australia (Linda, Steve, and Giggle, I think) explained to me what it is, and even gave me a link to a really funny TV commercial for it.

Well, fast forward a couple more weeks, and I actually find a place where I can buy the stuff locally. I open the jar, put a little on a ritz cracker, and down the hatch it goes. I had visions of Tom Hanks in the movie Big, when he eats the caviar at a dinner party. Well, Vegemite tastes strange, but it's not bad. It kinda grows on you.

Anyway, that's where the Vegemite joke came from. (I do like the stuff)

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I love the cross-cultural education I get here. A little while back, I didn't know what Vegemite was. Then, our good friends from Australia (Linda, Steve, and Giggle, I think) explained to me what it is, and even gave me a link to a really funny TV commercial for it.

Well, fast forward a couple more weeks, and I actually find a place where I can buy the stuff locally. I open the jar, put a little on a ritz cracker, and down the hatch it goes. I had visions of Tom Hanks in the movie Big, when he eats the caviar at a dinner party. Well, Vegemite tastes strange, but it's not bad. It kinda grows on you.

Anyway, that's where the Vegemite joke came from. (I do like the stuff)

Rob
    Got the joke -thought it was quite witty and have had vegimite myself,not bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    A Charlie Horse is a serious condition that's caused by acute Vegemite withdrawal. Terrible affliction it is...

(actually, a Charlie Horse is slang for leg cramps)
    I googled to see where the saying “Charley Horses" came from and nobody really knows, except it is baseball slang for leg cramp. Thank you for educating me on the finer art of the American language

I would suggest then whenever your leg cramps, smear some Vegemite over the affected area for 20 minutes. Wipe the Vegemite off your leg with a warm cloth and you should see some improvement.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

I googled to see where the saying “Charley Horses" came from and nobody really knows, except it is baseball slang for leg cramp. Thank you for educating me on the finer art of the American language

I would suggest then whenever your leg cramps, smear some Vegemite over the affected area for 20 minutes. Wipe the Vegemite off your leg with a warm cloth and you should see some improvement.
    I hear that in a pinch it also doubles as an effective substitute for sunblock. I bet it's at least SPF-50...

Seriously though, I really do like the stuff. I actually bought a second jar.

Thanks

Oh Linda,

What can i say mate your wit gets worse everyday i've been having a right laugh this end...rub it on the area for 20mins

((GOOD ONE MATE)) lol

Thanks

You are so right about our slang here! For years when my children would do something naughty I would say, " You little bugger! I never knew I was called my children a horrible name until someone pointed it out to me. I am sure Terry knows what this means. Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    You are so right about our slang here! For years when my children would do something naughty I would say, " You little bugger! I never knew I was called my children a horrible name until someone pointed it out to me. I am sure Terry knows what this means. Lol
    Of course i do Tammy.lol

It means (wink) you've lost your name through playing up i was one regular besides sod...but in Laymans terms (christ Tam i've swallowed the dictionary today mate) lol

1) a species of wild animal often found in school classrooms.

2) a small dog which thinks that "come here" means "run as fast as possible in the opposite direction", and/or who thinks it's amusing to investigate inaccessible places, and/or who likes to roll in goose shit.

3) I'm teaching a class of 40, and all but one or two are little buggers. I caught one of the little buggers this morning with a pencil up his nose.

4) Come here, you little bugger! Here! I said HERE! HERE!!!!! NO NOT OVER THERE! HERE! (repeat for half an hour)
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-23-2011 at 05:27 AM.