Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charley Horses Anyone?????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Of course i do Tammy.lol

It means (wink) you've lost your name through playing up i was one regular besides sod...but in Laymans terms (christ Tam i've swallowed the dictionary today mate) lol

1) a species of wild animal often found in school classrooms.

2) a small dog which thinks that "come here" means "run as fast as possible in the opposite direction", and/or who thinks it's amusing to investigate inaccessible places, and/or who likes to roll in goose shit.

3) a small homosexual.

1) I'm teaching a class of 40, and all but one or two are little buggers. I caught one of the little buggers this morning with a pencil up his nose.

2) Come here, you little bugger! Here! I said HERE! HERE!!!!! NO NOT OVER THERE! HERE! (repeat for half an hour)

3) The little bugger had to stand on a chair to reach his partner's arse

I am doubled over laughing here! That's right Terry! It is an English term that is horrible! Here iwas in church saint that!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

Origin of BUGGER
    Middle English bougre heretic, from Anglo-French bugre, from Medieval Latin Bulgarus, literally, Bulgarian; from the association of Bulgaria with the Bogomils, who were accused of sodomy First Known Use: 1555

bug·ger (bug′ər)
    noun
    1. a sodomite
    2. a contemptible person
    3. a fellow; chap; also, a rascal or scamp: often used humorously or affectionately

the best use of the word bugger.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzUx6PiNd8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-23-2011)

Thanks

Steve i did that one as a joke mate for Tammy but 2 versions was knocked out.

((Tammy i'll murder ya)) lol for answering to quick while i'm editing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Steve i did that one as a joke mate for Tammy but 2 versions was knocked out.

((Tammy i'll murder ya)) lol for answering to quick while i'm editing.
    Actually Terry I thought it was something you pick out of your nose. Ahahaha.

Thanks

Very funny mate...your sense of humour can be terrible at times. lol

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I remember the first time I met someone from the UK. It was a fellow I used to work with at a gun shop years ago. Seemed like a decent fellow right off the bat. We were outside during break his first day at the shop, and he pulls out a pack of cigarettes, motions in my direction, and asks me if I'd "care for a fag". My response was "Well, um, no, I've nothing against folks like that, but I'm not that kind of guy..."

That was when I learned that the term "fag" in the UK is slang for a cigarette, rather than a disparaging term used to refer to a gay man as it is here in the US. He hadn't been in the US for more than a week at that point, so he had no idea of the cultural differences of the word, nor did I. We had a good laugh about it after we figured out what each person was talking about.

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I remember the first time I met someone from the UK. It was a fellow I used to work with at a gun shop years ago. Seemed like a decent fellow right off the bat. We were outside during break his first day at the shop, and he pulls out a pack of cigarettes, motions in my direction, and asks me if I'd "care for a fag". My response was "Well, um, no, I've nothing against folks like that, but I'm not that kind of guy..."

That was when I learned that the term "fag" in the UK is slang for a cigarette, rather than a disparaging term used to refer to a gay man as it is here in the US. He hadn't been in the US for more than a week at that point, so he had no idea of the cultural differences of the word, nor did I. We had a good laugh about it after we figured out what each person was talking about.

Rob
    Well, Terry's always talking about wanting one. Sometimes she has two!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Well, Terry's always talking about wanting one. Sometimes she has two!
    Well Tammy i'll keep your mind boggling on that one mate...you know the saying two is always better than one and more of a variety. "lovelay" lol

Sorry about the slang Tam. xxx