Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Ok here we are with something I don't understand. What is black pudding ? All I have to say about raw sausage is TRICANOSIS! People die from eating raw pork. Blah!! Spit...spit...sputter... blah!!
    Black pudding is made from congealed blood,and white pudding is made from pig testicles- see they try to trick little kids calling it pudding .
    I have a friend from Scotland who thinks I'm a sissy because I won't eat Haggis= which is heavily spiced ground up organs,properly fermented and finally baked kinda like a meatloaf.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n.mac View Post
    Black pudding is made from congealed blood,and white pudding is made from pig testicles- see they try to trick little kids calling it pudding .
    I have a friend from Scotland who thinks I'm a sissy because I won't eat Haggis= which is heavily spiced ground up organs,properly fermented and finally baked kinda like a meatloaf.
    NO WAY.......that is horrible! Do they cook the testicles? How do they eat them? Omgosh I can't believe I'm writing this. I could see me in a store. "excuse me sir, could I please have some pig testicles because I am making black and white pudding tonight. Yum...yum!" Then I go home and surprise the kids. "Guess what's for dinner tonight??"

Thanks

NO WAY.......that is horrible! Do they cook the testicles? How do they eat them? Omgosh I can't believe I'm writing this. I could see me in a store. "excuse me sir, could I please have some pig testicles because I am making black and white pudding tonight. Yum...yum!" Then I go home and surprise the kids. "Guess what's for dinner tonight??"
    Both come prepared and seasoned and look and cook like sausage patties,they each have thier own unique taste....sometimes your just better off not knowing whats in them!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

NO WAY.......that is horrible! Do they cook the testicles? How do they eat them?
    Well, if they're anything like Rocky Mountain Oysters, you would eat them as quickly as possible.

ETA: This must be a first. Never, in my three years here, have I read a post that talks about how to cook testicles...
    Last edited by rob; 07-24-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

next thing you know............

we will have a "fear factor" cookoff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Well, if they're anything like Rocky Mountain Oysters, you would eat them as quickly as possible.

ETA: This must be a first. Never, in my three years here, have I read a post that talks about how to cook testicles...
    Well now it sets my mind to wondering who were the first people to try them? How? Why? Did the husband come in angry one night and the wife said, "Sit down darlin I'll fix you something to eat." Then she sets to cooking something special with a dirty little grin on her face. He eats them and says, "These are great! What's in it?" She says, " The secrets in the recipe dear." He replies, " Well the proof is in the pudding! These are great! These are great!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    next thing you know............

we will have a "fear factor" cookoff.
    What do you eat crazy over there Steve. Some people eat pickled pigs feet, cooked cow stomach and cow brains here. They have whole tongues wrapped in packages too. How do you cook and serve that. Imagine the conversation around the table. " This is good tongue dear! Oh thanks. Do try the brains. They are especially tender from this cow." Who decided to make sausage in intestines!? Did some frugal farmer tell his wife, " Gonna be a harsh winter, better not waste anything. Do something with these dear. " She then goes in and washes the intestines and stuffs them and they sit down to dinner. "look honey what I did with those intestines! Aren't they PURRTY???

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Lol! My brother married a polish girl and her family loved to cook duck blood soup. I can't tell you what all is in it because I never got beyond the breaking off of a live ducks beak and draining the blood into the broth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What do you eat crazy over there Steve. ......
    i will have you know, we are civilised, cultured people.

not some hillbilly !

Blog Entries
    Thanks

no that i have upset everyone........

we do not have any uniquelly australian bad eating habits.
    the aborigine culture never wasted anything.
    so there is always.......
    honey ants, bite off the abdomine and eat it, while the ant is still alive.
    witchidy grubs, big white grubs that live in tree roots, also swallowed alive.
    kangaroo tail, burned on an open fire. (skin on). tear it open and eat it hot, it is dripping in fat

we are also a very mixed race.........
    so we do indulge in a few of our ancestry favourites
    sheep brains - english
    black pudding - english
    haggis - scotish

or you can go asian......
    fish eyes
    and grasshoppers (cooked whole)

our native animals are all to much muscle, and not enough good eating meat to make a proper meal.