Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Weather?

Thanks

I live in Frankfort and we did get alot of rain. I've lived in this house for 12yrs and never got any water in my basement. My brother in Berkely got a little in his basement.

I have a friend who lives off RIVER ROAD in Desplaines,his basement flooded again and he is still arguing with his insurance co from last years flood.

Thanks

Well when we have bad floods there's quite a few area's get it bad and the insurance companies used to cough up but they've stopped it now....i think it's terrible.

Thanks

LOL,
    I've been resting my bad back this weekend and I missed all the fun!
    I grew up in the Midwestern US, so I thought that pickled pigs feet, head cheese and tongue were great treats. I've cooked tongue, and my hubby loves it!
    I've also always loved liver and onions. Jeff introduced me to kippers and eggs, which he grew up eating in NY. Are you familiar with them, Rob? Our kids loved them for breakfast, with homemade biscuits.
    My son used to win bets at the downtown food fair in SA, because he was the only one among his buddies who would "try" a plate of escargot. He was cheating, because he and his sisters had been eating them since they were toddlers. The entire family also tried alligator on a trip to Florida, and we ate goat meat, goat milk gravy and frog's legs (which the kids went out and caught) when we stayed on a farm in Arkansas.
    Some of you might have had a problem with the delicious meal that we had yesterday. After a movie, Jeff took me to our favorite sushi place. We had a salad of cucumbers and raw octopus for a starter, and then a wonderful meal of sushi, shashimi and a lobster roll - YUM-O.
    I have a policy that I will try anything at least once - and there are very few things that I don't like.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Oh those poor people on River Road. They get it all of the time. I used to live on East River Rd. in Norridge and when I worked at the hospital in Arlington Hts. I used to drive home on River Rd. Of course during flood times, there were detours but just what I could see was pretty gruesome.

Thanks

I grew up in Elmhurst and when I was a kid North ave going into Northlake,Lake st going into Addison and St Charles rd and rt 83 all would flood leaving us an island.

Now that the water rec. in Chicago is slowly hooking the deep tunnel to the old stone quarries at least were seeing less flooding than in the old days.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey y'all remember the great Chicago flood when they accidentally broke through the tunnel under the river and flooded the city without it even raining!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    LOL,
    I've been resting my bad back this weekend and I missed all the fun!
    I grew up in the Midwestern US, so I thought that pickled pigs feet, head cheese and tongue were great treats. I've cooked tongue, and my hubby loves it!
    I've also always loved liver and onions. Jeff introduced me to kippers and eggs, which he grew up eating in NY. Are you familiar with them, Rob? Our kids loved them for breakfast, with homemade biscuits.
    My son used to win bets at the downtown food fair in SA, because he was the only one among his buddies who would "try" a plate of escargot. He was cheating, because he and his sisters had been eating them since they were toddlers. The entire family also tried alligator on a trip to Florida, and we ate goat meat, goat milk gravy and frog's legs (which the kids went out and caught) when we stayed on a farm in Arkansas.
    Some of you might have had a problem with the delicious meal that we had yesterday. After a movie, Jeff took me to our favorite sushi place. We had a salad of cucumbers and raw octopus for a starter, and then a wonderful meal of sushi, shashimi and a lobster roll - YUM-O.
    I have a policy that I will try anything at least once - and there are very few things that I don't like.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Wow, you are brave, I am a chicken, when it comes to trying new things. I would never try these things you have mentioned.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Marla - my H would love you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am in the south, some days it is around 103 or better and since the begeinning of summer I haven't been able to go out side very much, I have even decided that I might try to venture out at night to see if that makes things easier. I haven't established if cold is better or worse at this point. But the minute I hit the heat I start swelling up and getting sick, it use to not be like that but what can you do. Even in the cold the raynauds is so bad that I stay home then to. It makes you feel like you are missing life. I have often thought of finding a better climit to live in instead of the south but where would that be..

I so truely understand the weather issue. hope you feel better
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline