Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Weather?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Ok here we are with something I don't understand. What is black pudding ? All I have to say about raw sausage is TRICANOSIS! People die from eating raw pork. Blah!! Spit...spit...sputter... blah!!
    Tammy (black pudding) is pigs blood with added pieces of fat, it's lovely mate.

Thanks

Well the testicles niall was on about are called (sweet breads) and you fry them, they're nice with a fry up...then we eat Tongue which is a pressed tongue off a cow...pigs trotters, the feet off pigs...brains between bread and butter they're lovely fried with salt & pepper with a touch of butter, Kidneys and liver and there also intestines off animals called (chicklins) which you fry up.

Niall should know all these i'm on about...they might sound sickly but they're lovely when cooked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Well the testicles niall was on about are called (sweet breads) and you fry them, they're nice with a fry up...then we eat Tongue which is a pressed tongue off a cow...pigs trotters, the feet off pigs...brains between bread and butter they're lovely fried with salt & pepper with a touch of butter, Kidneys and liver and there also intestines off animals called (chicklins) which you fry up.

Niall should know all these i'm on about...they might sound sickly but they're lovely when cooked.
    They don't sound sickly...THEY ARE! You eat these things? Were you tricked in to eating them as a child. " Here's some bread children."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    no that i have upset everyone........

we do not have any uniquelly australian bad eating habits.
    the aborigine culture never wasted anything.
    so there is always.......
    honey ants, bite off the abdomine and eat it, while the ant is still alive.
    witchidy grubs, big white grubs that live in tree roots, also swallowed alive.
    kangaroo tail, burned on an open fire. (skin on). tear it open and eat it hot, it is dripping in fat

we are also a very mixed race.........
    so we do indulge in a few of our ancestry favourites
    sheep brains - english
    black pudding - english
    haggis - scotish

or you can go asian......
    fish eyes
    and grasshoppers (cooked whole)

our native animals are all to much muscle, and not enough good eating meat to make a proper meal.
    Hey, I am a hillbilly! But you already knew that didn't you? You little bugger! Oops Ummm..stinker!
    So you eat a lot of bugs and the eyeballs. They must have been starving or you grow huge bugs over there. Like how do you make a meal on ants bellies? Who started eating those and grubs because it was a good idea? Had to be starvin folk! You critters are to tough. I grew up on wild meats such as deer, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, even dove. It was good. I used to take the chopped off foot of a rabbit to school and play with it all day. Sometimes I would touch other girls with it, just to hear them scream. Lol. Sissy's...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Lol! My brother married a polish girl and her family loved to cook duck blood soup. I can't tell you what all is in it because I never got beyond the breaking off of a live ducks beak and draining the blood into the broth
    Duck blood soup. Now think about that a bit. How much blood can you get from a duck to make soup? Again who thought to use the blood? " Wait don't waste the blood! We might run out of duck. Lets just add a little onion, celery, salt and pepper and call it Polish onion soup."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh my I think I'd better stick to my regular food all your exotic foods are turning my poor tummy. Oh by the way, Chicagoland, stay off the electrical trains in the heat. I remember getting stuck on the line that runs along the lake when the wires got too hot and tangled

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

the worst one i have heard yet.....

is one my 12 year old son wants to try.

monkey brain soup.
    served out of the actual head of the monkey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    the worst one i have heard yet.....

is one my 12 year old son wants to try.

monkey brain soup.
    served out of the actual head of the monkey.
    You have that in your country? That sounds like something I saw in a movie once! Is it true?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

we do not serve it.
    animal rights people would have a field day.
    it is asian.

and quite popular over there.

Thanks

What the heck? I thought we are talking about the weather here.
    After reading all this, I think I am going to skip lunch.lol

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).