Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather?

Thanks

The heat and humidity here is ridiculous today (but I know temp in celsius and not farhenheit so I can't convert for you)...37 with humidex making it feels like 47. I am hiding inside in a/c but definitely feel my body temp is higher than usual. This week has been bad for headaches, I think it has to do with the pressure systems (low or high, not sure which). I am not sure if I am affected by heat as well as the sun but I don't have as much tolerance for any of it as I used to ...and when humidity is high, I feel like there is pressure on my chest...but don't have difficulty breathing normally so I don't know if this is lupie related or not.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunny28 View Post
    The heat and humidity here is ridiculous today (but I know temp in celsius and not farhenheit so I can't convert for you)...37 with humidex making it feels like 47. I am hiding inside in a/c but definitely feel my body temp is higher than usual. This week has been bad for headaches, I think it has to do with the pressure systems (low or high, not sure which). I am not sure if I am affected by heat as well as the sun but I don't have as much tolerance for any of it as I used to ...and when humidity is high, I feel like there is pressure on my chest...but don't have difficulty breathing normally so I don't know if this is lupie related or not.
    That would be a little over 98 degrees F! Right along with the rest of us

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (07-21-2011)

Thanks

This is the best thing I have seen in ages!!! LOL

satan called.jpg
    Last edited by tgal; 07-21-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    The weather itself doesn't bother me one way or the other. The BAROMETER is what does me in. It crashes, I crash. It bounces around, I get nasty headaches and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. The weather holds steady, whether it is cold or hot, just as long as it holds steady, I'm fine.
    Nod. This is my issue. Lately the high has moved off of us and drifted into the center and northern parts of the US. leaving circulation and fluctuation to go on right around us down here on the Gulf Coast. I've been achy and grumpy as a result. When I was in my 20s, before I knew WHY I was a walking barometer, I would call my mom and ask, "Is there a front in North Texas?" I never watched the news. (What 20-something gives a flying rat's patootie about the news? Especially when she's got a 2 y.o. child.) But inevitably, mom would say, "Yep. Are you hurting?" "Yep. You too?" After all the "yeps" were exchanged and the "Love yous" we'd hang up and go about our days. Mom has mild arthritis and Sjogrens (we now know) and of course I was on my way into AI disease and was completely unaware. If it stays steady one way or the other I'm fine. If it starts shifting, I'm miserable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KCat View Post
    Nod. This is my issue. Lately the high has moved off of us and drifted into the center and northern parts of the US. leaving circulation and fluctuation to go on right around us down here on the Gulf Coast. I've been achy and grumpy as a result. When I was in my 20s, before I knew WHY I was a walking barometer, I would call my mom and ask, "Is there a front in North Texas?" I never watched the news. (What 20-something gives a flying rat's patootie about the news? Especially when she's got a 2 y.o. child.) But inevitably, mom would say, "Yep. Are you hurting?" "Yep. You too?" After all the "yeps" were exchanged and the "Love yous" we'd hang up and go about our days. Mom has mild arthritis and Sjogrens (we now know) and of course I was on my way into AI disease and was completely unaware. If it stays steady one way or the other I'm fine. If it starts shifting, I'm miserable.
    That's funny because I always have been able to tell when fronts were coming in. I have a rod in my right leg and it has been more intense since that was put in back in 98 but I have always been able to tell. I can tell the difference between a cold front or a rainy front too. My daughter makes fun of me about it

Thanks

Speaking of summer in Chicago-this hot spell is really not that unusual we always get a couple of hot weeks,but usually not until a little later. August can certainly be hot,so my question is why does the il chapter of LFA schedule lupus awareness walks for august and sept.
    The last thing I want to do is go for a long walk on a blistering hot day. A nice walk in october amongst the leaves changing colors is more to my liking!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n.mac View Post
    Speaking of summer in Chicago-this hot spell is really not that unusual we always get a couple of hot weeks,but usually not until a little later. August can certainly be hot,so my question is why does the il chapter of LFA schedule lupus awareness walks for august and sept.
    The last thing I want to do is go for a long walk on a blistering hot day. A nice walk in october amongst the leaves changing colors is more to my liking!
    There was a walk in our area recently as well. And we get hot in late May on so you can bet June/July/August and often even into September are going to be unpleasant. I can only guess that the idea is that it won't be rained out and that people will more likely be on summer break. Still...

Thanks

Well since i posted earlier...i've read member's comments and all i can say to members abroad all the best with the heat and severe heat changes.

It's surposed to be summer here and the weather is dull with no winds, which with me suits me to a T but for other UK member's it's terrible for the time of year.

Thanks

Both my parents were from Ireland -I believe my father had undiagnosed lupus. He was fond of saying that it wasn't that the irish liked to drink -they were just ducking into the pub to get out of the sun and heat!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Record heat up here in lobsterland too. It's in the 70's now and there's a nice cool breeze coming off the water, but earlier today it was 90f with about 90% humidity. The average daily temp this time of year is around 65f, so 90 is quite hot for here. I don't do well with hot weather.

Sorry to hear about all you other folks who are dealing with temps of 100 degress plus. Bad stuff. Stay cool.

Rob