Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather?

Thanks

Default Weather?

It's beastly in Chicago. 100+ temps with heat index and surprisingly I feel pretty good. One of the reasons I guess that I may have RA. I have read on another forum that RA patients generally speaking feel better in warmer more humid climates. Or maybe I was in a flare and now I'm out? Of course that would be my luck right before my rheumatologist appt.

Thanks

It is 105 here today in PA and I have a bad headache and nausea. I am always sick in heat but it seems worse the longer I have this or it's the MENTALPAUSE!

Thanks

Marie,

That's why you do feel better because RA loves the warmth but sadly the winter is it's worst nightmate...so enjoy the best of it while you can but still be careful.

It's cool and dull here at the moment just how i love it and my skin can cope ok with it.

Terry xxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    It is 105 here today in PA and I have a bad headache and nausea. I am always sick in heat but it seems worse the longer I have this or it's the MENTALPAUSE!
    Tammy sorry to say mate but it's a mixture of both causing how bad your are, so try and keep out of the direct heat as much as possible.

My hearts with you mate where the heats concerned. xxxx

Thanks

Tammy - sorry. I don't spend much time out in the weather; mostly in the a/c home and clinic. So I guess then my question doesn't make sense. I don't know. Maybe I should just quit thinking about it and enjoy the lull.

Thanks

Marie,

You'll most likely be surprised at how many member's reply to your thread about the weather and what it's doing to them...good point on it mate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The weather itself doesn't bother me one way or the other. The BAROMETER is what does me in. It crashes, I crash. It bounces around, I get nasty headaches and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. The weather holds steady, whether it is cold or hot, just as long as it holds steady, I'm fine.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

I am in Texas and it has been in the 90s and 100s for a couple of months. I can't leave my house. 10 min driving in the car brought out blisters on my fingers (missed them when I sprayed). I actually do better in cold then in Sun and heat. My Raynauds doesn't like the cold so I have to keep hands and feet warm and my joints hurt but nothing is as bad as heat and sun. I have stayed sick since it began getting really hot in late April.

I don't have RA though (but I do have issues with my joints) and maybe that is the difference

Thanks

It is 98F here today, very rare in upstate NY. I have Lupus and RA and I am suffering, even my joints hurt more than usally. I am in a flare since last sunday and the heat just makes it so much worse. I am MISERABLE,but I do have my house nice and cold. When I go outside, I feel like I am going to choke, because I can't breathe.
    Luckely the heat doesn't last long here, just a couple of days.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

I am in Chicago too and it is beastly,I love the spring and fall,tolerate the winter and absolutely hate the 2-3 weeks of intense heat we get each summer!