Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battling the fatigue.

Thanks

I get fatigue without sleepiness. Of course lately I need more sleep (last 6 months or so) so instead of 7 or 8 hrs. I generally try for 9. Last sunday it was almost 12 hrs and I swear I could have taken a nap in the afternoon too. But we're going through a real heat wave here in midwest so I think I can attribute some lethargy to that.

As for fatigue, I can feel it at work coming on. Feet/legs start to feel heavy and dull, then the whole body starts feeling it as well. Words get mixed up, can't write well (can't anyway) or type well. But I'm not sleepy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    I get fatigue without sleepiness. Of course lately I need more sleep (last 6 months or so) so instead of 7 or 8 hrs. I generally try for 9. Last sunday it was almost 12 hrs and I swear I could have taken a nap in the afternoon too. But we're going through a real heat wave here in midwest so I think I can attribute some lethargy to that.

As for fatigue, I can feel it at work coming on. Feet/legs start to feel heavy and dull, then the whole body starts feeling it as well. Words get mixed up, can't write well (can't anyway) or type well. But I'm not sleepy.
    Hello Marie.

I hope your keeping fine otherwise.

I get fatigue like yourself without being tied but i've started dropping off badly after teatime, i was tied tonight but have kept myself awake. Oh if you slept for 12hrs last sunday that helped you a great deal, whatever hours i go i never feel no better for it.
    I don't like to say this but i feel sorry for you with heat waves...god if it happened here really bad i would'nt know what to do the least bit of heat starts a blister flare.

Marie it really mixes we up mate in more ways than one. xxxx

Thanks

Hey Terry - I am keeping pretty good today. I don't know if it's the heat and humidity but I felt pretty decent yesterday and today. How's about yourself?

I AM HAMSTER! HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    In regards to the fatigue, I've been living with SLE "officially" for over 7 years now, and unfortunately, I've never found anything to help me get through the fatigue. I no longer work, and I'm on disability, so when it happens, it's not like I have anything to do. I just try to sleep through it, or push throught it by doing some simple activity. I really feel for the folks here who are still soldiering on by working and staying with their job. Fatigue sucks.

Rob
    I dont "work" officially but I have 3 children under 10 so my days are hard and busy!! I dont think I get 5 mins to myself until the kids are in bed and by that point, its matchsticks in eyes for me! (propping up the lids, not literally sticking them into my eyes....you know what I mean!!)
    Diagnosed: Lupus (SLE), Inflammatory Arthritis
    Medication: 400mg Hydroxychloraquine daily, 40mg amitriptyline daily, 90mg Codeine daily (sometimes more), Ibuprofen and paracetamol.
    Vitamin D, Calcium Suppliments, Iron, Cod Liver Oil.

So far 2 months free of prednisalone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    I am surprised, that all of you combine fatigue and sleepiness. When I am fatigued, I am not tired or sleepy, I am dragging, I can barely put one foot in front of the other. Sorry Rob, but I am going to have to use your phrase, it feels like I am wearing a lead blanket, that is slowing and dragging me down.
    Last night, it was so bad that I begged my coworker to work for me, 'till 10pm and I go home at 7pm, that is when she was supposed to get off. I was so fatigued, I could barely drive, but I was not tired. When I got home, I layed down in my easy chair, but I couln't sleep, just rest.
    When it hits me as bad as it did last night, all I want to do is lay down. I could barely make it to the bathroom in time, because I moved in slow motion.
    I envy you guys, I wish I could sleep it off.

Debbie
    Oh I totally hear you with that. I constantly feel like my limbs are all weighed down with lead. Putting one foot in front of the other is a major battle, I literally crawl up my stairs, brushing my teeth is a major chore. I feel like the gravity in my personal space is double everyone around me! But I am also sleepy with it. And unfortunately I cannot "sleep it off" if I sleep in the daytime, I wake up feeling 10 times worse. No amount of sleep refreshes me and nothing I try seems to help.

We all deserve medals for living like this and still be able to smile! xx
    Medication: 400mg Hydroxychloraquine daily, 40mg amitriptyline daily, 90mg Codeine daily (sometimes more), Ibuprofen and paracetamol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    I was going to say to have a hot shower if you canít sleep, but I wonít.
    I was going to say to take a nap when you feel tired, but I wonít.
    I was going to say to do some exercise which is good for your body, but I wonít.
    I was going to say to make sure you eat a healthy diet, but I wonít.
    I was going to say to read a really boring book that sends you to sleep, but i wonít.

But what I will say is, fatigue is something you will learn to live with, rest when you can, try to live a healthy lifestyle, and try not to be too upset when you cannot function. Instead of thinking about how you are mucking up, think more about what you can do to fix things up. If you constantly get upset about how bad things are, the worse you will feel.
    Thankyou. I do actually read before bed, it really helps me get to sleep. I think I exercise pretty well for someone with my body functions! I do zumba once a week and also use my Wii alot. I also have a healthy diet. (I started WW shortly after my diagnosis in November 2009. I started at 179lbs and am now 136lbs!!) I don't relly get to nap alot because of my children, but also napping makes me feel worse.

I do appreciate you advice so much and you are right, fatigue is something we must accept in our lives and deal with as best we can. xx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Hey Terry - I am keeping pretty good today. I don't know if it's the heat and humidity but I felt pretty decent yesterday and today. How's about yourself?

I AM HAMSTER! HEAR ME ROAR!
    Hello Marie,

Nice to hear for a change a member feeling abit better...it's been humid here today and my god it was way to much but it's cooled down now but when i woke this morning my legs was in some pain and my top half of my body cramped, after taking my meds i soon had a 1000mg of paracetamol but i was shaking besides and have'nt got a clue where that came from.

Ste came back from walking bruno and asked me what was up told him, so he made me rest but when i get this bad it dow take the depression long to kick in and the crying series starts again.

All my love Terry xxx