Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battling the fatigue.

Thanks

Default Battling the fatigue.

Does anyone have any good tips or hints about winning the battle against fatigue?? I am always tired and it is killing me.
    Even with a full nights sleep, i wake up exhausted.

I have to take amitriptyline to stay asleep all night to begin with (I have a major issue with broken sleep) and then theres the pain to deal with first thing in the morning, most mornings I just do not cope. Being tired as well as in pain is not a great way to start the day!!

So hints for fighting fatigue please!! (and please dont say hot milk and a bath - thats all my GP ever says and I dont have a bath!! )

Thanks

I gots nuttin' Nixxie. Some days I feel okay but most days I just cannot get up. Two days a week I have the early shift so I am forced to get up and function. On the days when I work late and don't have to go in until afternoon, I could spend hours in bed in the morning but I force myself up anyway. I just need more sleep lately.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, I've found that fatigue is a b*tch. I mean, seriously. But they're also a b*tch in a fight, so all you have to do is jump on its back, pin it down, and sit on it's head. It helps if you threaten to fart on them - if you're really really pissed off at fatigue, screaming " STOP IT!!! I WILL PEE ON YOUR HEAD!!!" -and meaning it- does help as well.

*sigh*
    if only we could actually beat up fatigue. I know I would give it one hell of a pummeling.

I'm sorry, I can't really help Most of the time when I get tired and have to keep pushing myself, I get loopy. (hehe... lupie...loopy...get it? Nevermind)
    Ehem. But no, I get really really slap happy and practically tipsy. It doesn't really help people see me seriously, but it DOES help to keep things interesting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

Corella (07-19-2011)

Thanks

Nikki,

Can't help you mate and i've never been an idol person and i woke at 10am this morning it's now 1-20pm and still need to get dressed....
    everything lately is just one tireing effort as alot of member's know and sleep is never enough for we.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxie View Post
    Does anyone have any good tips or hints about winning the battle against fatigue?? I am always tired and it is killing me.
    Even with a full nights sleep, i wake up exhausted.

I have to take amitriptyline to stay asleep all night to begin with (I have a major issue with broken sleep) and then theres the pain to deal with first thing in the morning, most mornings I just do not cope. Being tired as well as in pain is not a great way to start the day!!

So hints for fighting fatigue please!! (and please dont say hot milk and a bath - thats all my GP ever says and I dont have a bath!! )

Oh Sweet Girl, I cried yesterday as I have been falling asleep at the wheel for sometime now and today I must drive over 150 miles to see my clients. I went to bed at around 8 PM and here I was sleeping as my boyfriend drove to work this AM. I dont know many of us who sleep well, it's part of the lupus fibro hell my doc told me.

Im eating right now and taking suppliments and still it is impossible to get enough sleep. Bless you dear as I soooo hear you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

n.mac (07-19-2011), steve.b (07-20-2011)

Thanks

Which suppliments do you take?

It must be so scary falling asleep at the wheel. Is there not anyone to drive with you or any other way for you to get about? You take care ok!? xxx

Oh Elo I too wish we could physically beat up fatigue...although I would probably lose that battle too!!
    I have to gte up at 7am every weekday morning to get the kids to school. Although I never get out of bed at 7. I snooze my alarm until finally at 7.45-8am the hubby comes and shouts at me! He does most of the getting the kids ready bless him but he cannot do girls hair yet (he is learning!) so I have to get up and do it. Which most mornings is HELL!
    My fatigue is just awful right now. I look like death most days, big horrid bags under my eyes, I am pale and can never ever seem to get enough sleep! Recently, most afternoons I am falling asleep on the sofa or if I have to be somewhere, I am finding myself overly emotional and crying because I am too tired to go. My social life is non-existant now due to me constantly cancelling on people. Eventually they give up asking.

Thanks

Im in the same boat, I wish there was a way to get energy levels up. Even with all the vitamins I take, I still can't sleep and am tired all the time. I spoke to my rheumy and he suggested a sleep study which I've scheduled for next month. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks

Ladies, dont laugh but I fell asleep on the toilet at work yesterday, it must have only been about 5 or ten mins but my bottom is so sore from the toilet seat (I am serious), that is my exhaustion at the moment. You know when you dream of water/food when you are hungry or thirsty? well when I am exhausted which is most of the time, I have vivid dreams of my bed - seriously, I dream of a motorised bed coming to get me from work.

I feel better when I have woken up but find it hard to get up telling myself that 10 mins more will make all the difference but the tiredness is like an insatiable hunger, it doesnt ever go away.

So confess, please tell me I am not the only one who has fallen asleep on the toilet.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corella For This Useful Post:

Nixxie (07-19-2011), Saysusie (07-19-2011), tgal (07-19-2011)

Thanks

We all deal with this, I have heard Lupus need it 12 hour beauty sleep LOL this morning I woke up at 3:30 AM and I was dead tried but can't fell back to sleep. This is every day, Corella my funny story is I was eating my checken salad and I feel asleep and my face went into my plate. LOL. But thanks to Lupus you will fall alseep anywhere at any time. Sadly enough :-(

Hugs
    Liz

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizbond36 For This Useful Post:

Corella (07-19-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corella View Post
    Ladies, dont laugh but I fell asleep on the toilet at work yesterday, it must have only been about 5 or ten mins but my bottom is so sore from the toilet seat (I am serious), that is my exhaustion at the moment. You know when you dream of water/food when you are hungry or thirsty? well when I am exhausted which is most of the time, I have vivid dreams of my bed - seriously, I dream of a motorised bed coming to get me from work.

I feel better when I have woken up but find it hard to get up telling myself that 10 mins more will make all the difference but the tiredness is like an insatiable hunger, it doesnt ever go away.

So confess, please tell me I am not the only one who has fallen asleep on the toilet.
    Sam,

At least yours was just 10mins..i've done an all night job when i've been in severe pain bleeding and my hubby as found me with my head up against the wall just born tired out with the lot.

It dow matter how much you eat and wheather it's good foods and drink it just wow move and it sticks you in a form of an idol mode and it's terrible to shake off.