Thread: Can somebody please explain?

Thanks

Default Can somebody please explain?

I am having trouble seeing now. Neon flashing lights hurt my eyes very badly, even in daylight. Noises are bothering me. My nerves are bad. If I wear light-shaded sunglasses, the sun hurts my eyes. If I wear dark-shaded sunglasses, they are too dark. Can't find a middle ground.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

I don't have luck with sunglasses either Mrs. Are you having floaters and flashing lights in your visual field or are you talking about looking at neon lights? I know with fibro and one other AI (adrenal fatigue possibly?) which I cannot think of at the moment, noises and extraneous stimulation effect the patient. This has been slowly happening to me. When the clinic is really busy and I have people talking over people, I just about freak out. Same goes for busy restaurants or parties. Three years ago I started to get spider web like floaters (really giant ones) in my eyes. I was afraid of a detached retina, went to eye doc and he could not find anything. It was just something that went on for a few days and then stopped.

Check with your optometrist about sun glasses.

Thanks

I get like that when I get bad migraines. Light hurts and sound hurts.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Meant to add - any sudden changes in vision need to be looked at (no pun intended) by doc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Manderson, I see big floaters more than I think is normal. Will be going to the opthamologist soon. I used to have migraines. I just can't stand noise and too much light now.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there! Do you take plaquenil? If so you really need to get that looked at rather quickly. It is rare for plaquenil to cause problems at the low doses that we are on but it is possible.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mrstjscott - I know what you mean. I have issues with that too. I've seen an opthamologist and nothing was there at all. So much gets on my nerves now like it never has before. Loud noises, crowded places, and bright lights are irritating to me as well. Migraines started out as visual disturbances in my case. I hope you find answers! ((hugs))

Thanks

I had these for a long time, I also have burning feeling and the feeling of going blind. Which take 30 mins to go back to normal. My eyes are bad even before I was DX with Lupus. However my Doctor told me the eye trouble is caused by Lupus don't know if thats your case or not.
    Hugs
    Liz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrstjscott View Post
    Manderson, I see big floaters more than I think is normal. Will be going to the opthamologist soon. I used to have migraines. I just can't stand noise and too much light now.
    Hi mrsjscott,

I'm on plaquenil and had to have my eyes tested with a opthamologist before taking it but the lady told me and the opticians besides said if you have floaters which you do, it can either be the issue of the lupus with your eyes and refering light or taking plaquenil.

Please see someone about it as you know yourself...your eyes are important to everyone walking and please keep we updated.

Hugs Terry xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-18-2011)