Thread: Does lupus cause warts?

Thanks

Default Does lupus cause warts?

I went to derm yesterday for follow up on rash, I showed her that I have about 7 small brown bumps on the back of both my hands, she told me they were warts, does anyone else get these?

Thanks

Hi Gary,

Yes mate Lupus does cause warts...excuse me for expressing this but i had one down below from a teeenager and about 6yrs ago more came and they was burnt away and they told me to eat fruit as it keeps them away and i have 3 on the palm of my left hand they've been there for years also, i can rip at the head and remove them but they still come back but if they ever form below you need to see your doctor to get them burnt away and it does'nt hurt.

I'm adding a link Gary on different skin condition's with Lupus and warts included. Terry

http://www.pcds.org.uk/image-atlas/i...al-dermatology (Scroll down to feet and then click on warts)
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-15-2011 at 05:59 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Gary,

I forgot to mention Warts are caused through Discoid Lupus and SLE.

Terry

Thanks

I get small warts on the sides of my fingers. I also have strange growths on the instep of my right foot. They come on like blisters and are fluid filled. When they drain, they stay discolored. eventually they dry up and fade away (only to come back another day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (07-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

there was a thread a little time ago, discussing warts.
    yes lupus can contribute.
    everyone reacts differently.

sorry i cannot remember the thread name.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Gary have they mentioned what they're going to do with your warts since you asked about the mate.

Thanks

Yes mine started two years ago. I have seven on my fingers. Four in one finger and three on my other finger. This started when I was 68 years old. I did go to my doctor and she tried to burnt them off did not work. She inturn sent me to a dermatoglist. He used betel juices, burn really bad and it also cause ringworm, then lazier she tried on three fingers really burned brought tears had to leave. I've also tried over the counter liquid wart remover with Salicylic Acid. Used a sharp razor blade to cut them off (doctor recommended ). Did this when skin is soft after putting a bandage around my fingers for a frue days. Very annoying. Jayne

Thanks

Yes I have 7 four in one hand and three on the other hand started 2 years ago. Very annoying when you think one is gone it returns. Tried just about everything. Jayne ( lupus since 1981)