Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrations at Work

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Nonna,
    Hang in there, girl. Mari had a good explanation, but I wonder this - Can you get all the paperwork for SSDI started and continue to work until it goes through, or do you have to stop work immediately?
    It's a good thing that my hubby has a good job and good insurance. I could never apply for SSDI, because Texas schools don't pay into Social Security.
    I really wish that they did - then I at least would have that option.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    You can get the stuff together I guess but you have to be physically out of a job to actually apply. They will start the paperwork then but they don't count you being disabled until you have been out of work for 6 months so when they back date they do it to 6 months of no work. It really sucks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    You can get the stuff together I guess but you have to be physically out of a job to actually apply. They will start the paperwork then but they don't count you being disabled until you have been out of work for 6 months so when they back date they do it to 6 months of no work. It really sucks!
    Yes, this does suck! This makes sure that an already sick person suffers with no health care for a long time and is driven into poverty just to "prove" that they are truly disabled.
    I know we can't get political here, but just what does this say about the US system of healthcare?
    Hugs,
    Marla