Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrations at Work

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy Frustrations at Work

I hope y'all don't mind if I ve nt this here. I have a chronic case of hoof in mouth disease. Yesterday at work, I was so I'll from not sleeping that my mouth ran off with out me and said things to the president of the agency. I may have caused a lot of trouble for myself and others. I apologized, but it was still said. I'm so afraid nowthat again tonite I can't sleep again. As many times as I try not to; I seem to do this atleast once a year. I wish I could go on disability; but I haven't reached that point. I just don't know. Between Lupus, strokes, and Possible Parkinsons, my poor head is definitely on a downward spiral.
    My biggest concern is my work; accounting requires a clear head. I can no longer speal facts off the top of my head like I used to. A friend at work keeps telling me I should look into disability. I know I'm a lot better off than most of you; but this is really starting to get to me. The past six months have been horrible, I can't describe the feeling of not being able to breathe; but not I'm wondering if it really is not nerves. An excuse not to do what I have to do.

Work for health insurance, work to pay off credit card that seems to be going higher and higher. My stomach is also out of control. My nerves or Lupus or both are getting the better of me and I just want to cry and hide. I don't think I can do this for 3 more years.

How do I find out if I qualify for disability - where do I start? I just can't think straight at the moment.

It's back to work stuff: my boss had AI also and she has been out almost six weeks. The fact that she's a control freak doesn't help. I just can't deal anymore, I am so frustrated and tired that I said things I should not have and now am afraid of repercussions.

Anyway thanks for listening
    Hugs to all of you

Thanks

my boss suggested I get onto disability and was furious when he found out my doctor refused to sign paperwork because she didnt believe in disability. I know how it feels... I dont feel like I CANT work... but my boss certainly disagrees. I cant hear properly and my brain just doesnt work well enough.

I dont know how disability works in your part of the world. Here you qualify the second you are unable to work. Unable to work means many things... thats its unsafe, that you can try but wont be able to perform. I have the will... but just not the ability.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Nonna, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Gosh with all your diagnosis, in PA you would probably qualify. You would go to the ES office and pick up forms or you can apply on line or a SE office worker can help you. You can also go through a lawyer. I prefer forms at home to ponder each question carefully, before answering it them.

Hang in there Nonna, we all have our lousy brain days & our breaking points. Some days I lose patience with my consumers and feel horrible. I too have waited for the fall out from it. Those are horrible days. I just prayed for you Nonna. Hang in there dear.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

( ( ( h u g s ) ) )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Hi Toni,

I am sorry to hear what your going through and it's enough to get anyone down besides your problems of breathing etc off the lupus, so at some point everyone snaps..i hope someone from your area can help you towards the right path for applying for disability or how to go about it Toni.

For venting away mate carry on because if we dow relief ourselves, those closest to we get it.

Thinking of you dearly mate & hugzzzzzzzz your way. Terry xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Nonna - do you have a HR dept at work? Or perhaps a friend in an HR position who could steer you in the right direction? Otherwise, I'd just google "disability georgia" and see what pops up. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Hi Nonna.

I am very sorry, that you are in a bad place right now.
    On bad days, I really have to watch myself, I work with the public, which is hard to do on good days, but when I have a bad day, WATCH OUT. I don't take customer abuse anymore, even if it means I might loose my job. My coworkers love me, because I put alot of rude and abusive customers right back into their place.
    Off course I had run ins with our district manager before, even though I stay professional, I will give him a piece of my mind, if he reminds all of us that nothing we do is ever good enough. I tell myself, to just shut up and take it, but I CAN'T.

I totally understand you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey Nonna. I completely understand what you are going through because I went through it myself. You can take up to 12 weeks off work because of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) but your company does not have to pay you. If you have short term disability it will kick in after a certain amount of time. For this to happen your doctor has to say that you can't go back to work for (insert length of time here). Sadly our SSDI and/or SSI is difficult to get. The doctor has to say that you can't work, SSD people have to get all your records and send them to a medical company and they have to agree (Usually they don't know). It is quite an ordeal but the thing that you need to know is that you can't get SSD if you are working and once you apply it can take a year or two for you to be approved. They will back track and give you bulk payments but that doesn't happen until the approval.

As for the insurance part, it takes 2 years on disability in order to get on Medicare so, until then, you are without insurance unless you can afford your own. I hate to be debbie downer but it takes an act of congress for us in the US to get help. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Ms Nonna

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-16-2011), Nonna (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Nonna,
    Hang in there, girl. Mari had a good explanation, but I wonder this - Can you get all the paperwork for SSDI started and continue to work until it goes through, or do you have to stop work immediately?
    It's a good thing that my hubby has a good job and good insurance. I could never apply for SSDI, because Texas schools don't pay into Social Security.
    I really wish that they did - then I at least would have that option.
    Hugs,
    Marla

17. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Nonna (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Nonna,
    Hang in there, girl. Mari had a good explanation, but I wonder this - Can you get all the paperwork for SSDI started and continue to work until it goes through, or do you have to stop work immediately?
    It's a good thing that my hubby has a good job and good insurance. I could never apply for SSDI, because Texas schools don't pay into Social Security.
    I really wish that they did - then I at least would have that option.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    From what I understand, you have to stop working first and then apply.
    That is the reason I am still working, if I have to stop working, apply and then have to wait ca. 2 years until it is either denied or approved, I just can't be without an income for about two years.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).