Thread: Looking for help

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Looking for help

(This was posted in chat and I knew it would get lost there. I made it its own thread so maybe we can give some support. Welcome to WHL Aja.)

Aja NewbieSpoonie wrote"

Toaday I was sitting on the edge of my son's bed across from my 9 year old daughters bed having a talk with her about her behavior choices today. She has been having a hard time following directions and ocusing on herself so I decided to have a long talk with her about why these things were important. Mid sentenve I blurt out something that doesnt make sense , even she looks at me like "what the heck did you just say?" I couldnt re peat teh specific sentence because to be honest I dont remember it well, all i remmeber is the overwhelming scary feeling that I had just blurted out something that made no sense and had nothing to do with the subject. I'll try to give you an idea of what it was like...." Devinity I really think you should try to stop what you're doing when I'm talking so you can follow, the room is here for us to be in it right now!" WTF? my head started spinning & I actually just left the room and said we would continue teh discussion later mommy's not feeling well. I am taking Neurontin , methadone, ibprofen, and inhaler, i have been for a while with no recent increases and no ill effects. I am in the middle of a nasy little flare and this evening had trouble getting my words out in a duscussion with my mom. Has anyone experienced this. I have had Lupus symptoms for 7 years , the doctors are pointing at it, but no definitive lab test. I have almost all symptoms listed on and off, more on now then ever. wondering if this is severe lupus fog cuz I have been very forgetful and even a little confused lately. thanks for listening and sharing

Thanks

I notice that when I have a severe flair and was on a high dose of lyrica I kept having serious gaps or delays in retrieval of words in conversation or I chose the wrong word. It is really scary & I feared I was going to go over the edge, but I went to bed for a few days and had my lyrica reduced a little. Hope this helps a little.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i have cognative problems also

my rhuemy explained it to my wife by saying that i have "brain pauses"

i am sorry that you have it too.

i hope this explanation helps let you know you are not alone.

"brain pauses"

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I too have cognitive dysfunction. Mine is more then brain fog. This disease decided that my brain was it's favorite place to hang out. My family says that, when I am having a bad day, talking to me is like playing charades. I know the word is up there but I can't "find" it. I also can't seem to remember anything longer then a list of 2. Two I am OK with. 3? Nope it doesn't stick. They have tested me several times and more than 2 doesn't even enter my brain.

Suck a fun disease this is. Thankfully I am not alone in this and have all of you wonderful people traveling with me down this journey

Thanks

yes i also suffer from memory problems and getting words out and spelling when my brain is in fog you are not alone