Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello from NC

Thanks

I was told I had Lupus and RA and he did mention an autoimmune disease.????

Thanks

I just returned from a campout with our childrens ministry and am sooooo wiped out. Although I didn't have much to do but I think the stress of it wore me down.

Thanks

Just wanted to welcome you. I just joined myself so we'll learn about this together!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by busdrivr View Post
    I was told I had Lupus and RA and he did mention an autoimmune disease.????
    Lupus and RA are bother Auto Immune diseases. Once you have one it is not uncommon to have several. Sorry that you are in this situation but I am glad that you are here

Thanks

Hi busdriver, when I was first diagnosed and had a lot of inflation, I would stumble a lot. My legs would also just buckle and I would fall down. Sometimes I had trouble getting back up. It was awful. Are you on any nsaids like mobic? The nsaids helped me a lot. Sometimes when the inflammation hits my brain I also get dizzy and stumble. I get weepy and sleep a lot during that time.

I'm sorry you can't work anymore. I am currently struggling with driving in my job due to UV light making me get too sleepy at the wheel. It's a challenge to awaken each day, unsure as to how you will feel.

As far as AI diseases, Steve says there are 63 of them. Lupus is one, RA is another. I have several, many of us do.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I just returned from a campout with our childrens ministry and am sooooo wiped out. Although I didn't have much to do but I think the stress of it wore me down.
    Where you in the sun? If so that may be what is causing you to feel so bad. Yes, stress makes us feel bad but a majority of us become photosensitive. It is almost like an allergy to the sun and florescent lighting. You might want to start paying attention to how you feel after being outside. I can't go into stores or outside without sunscreen and, if outside for any amount of time, hat, long pants sunglasses etc. Even in the car I have to use sunscreen. It may not be an issue with you but maybe take a look at it

Thanks

I am right with you on the symptoms. My knees want to buckle also. Have you been bothered with burning in your mouth, especially when you eat salt?

Thanks

Yes I get ulcers along the gum line and cheeks. Many of us do. I get a sour stomach and nose sores usually about the same time but not always.

Thanks

I am right with you on the symptoms. My knees want to buckle also. Have you been bothered with burning in your mouth, especially when you eat salt?
    Hi busdrivr,

The buckling of the knees will come from your RA and Lupus to how strong it's affecting your system...my hubby as often said i walk like i'm drunk and go from side to side, many of us members have it but i don't have burning in the mouth but i do take loads of salt intake i'm terrible for the stuff.

I hope your abit better today and keep we updated please.

Terry xxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi busdriver (: Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to your post. I'm still recovering from being out and busy on friday. Oh how this disease effects us. I'm sure you know what I mean - i've never before taken so long to "recover" from just going out and being with people.
    This is a great forum for support (: Feel free to join in or start a rant post. The people here are so wonderful and supportive and truly understand what you're going through.
    Welcome again (: