Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from NC

Thanks

Default Hello from NC

As much as I hate to admit it, I have Lupus. It has disrupted my life so badly. Such a horrible disease. Just looking for support from others.

Thanks

Hello busdrivr,

Welcome to our lovely large family of WHL and so lovely to have you with us.

There's loads of threads to venture through and learn more of the conditions linked with it and if you need to vent come on anytime as there's always someone who will answer in due course.

Lupus is an hard Disease to handle at times, i myself i find it hard and very flustrating and the water works are often going but concerning support you'll definitely get that from us.

It would help us if you don't mind to help more...if you could tell we more of your history and what you've got linked with Lupus.

Hugs Terry xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

busdrivr (07-15-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I wanted to take a moment to say hello and welcome you to WHL! While I am so very sorry you have this disease I am really glad that you found us. This is a wonderful place full of fabulous people who will support you in whatever ways that you need as you move down this new path. Feel free to make yourself at home. There are so many threads full of fabulous information as well as places you can posts questions or comments of your own.

I look forward to having you with with us and I look forward to getting to know you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

busdrivr (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Hello busdriver, welcome to a place where you can vent and feel validated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

busdrivr (07-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

hi,and welcome.
    you say it has disrupted your life...

do you still drive buses?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

busdrivr (07-15-2011)

Thanks

No, no more driving busses for me. I no longer can work. When I wake during the night I cannot feel my feet and they are so weak, don't know if they will hold me up. I have a tendency to fall quite frequently. My rheumatologist says I have had this disease for about 4 years. Painful joints, fever, rash, you name it, I think I have experienced a little of everything. Tried the Plaquenil with no results, now on the methotrexate but had to decrease the dosage because it was making me very sick. What next, I wonder. My children are devastated by this also, knowing I have always been the type of person that never slows down. Unfortunately, Lupus has slowed me way down. I don't think my husband understands how dreadful this pain really is. Thanks for being here for me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to busdrivr For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i still drive, short distances.....
    but also decided to surender my bus license.

i have had to slow down "just a little".
    my brain decides to pause every so often.
    no more working for me either.

Thanks

Hello Busdriver, Im so sorry you have Lupus, But im so glad you've joined WHL!
    And would like to welcome you also. I also havent been able to drive for 2 years now, have the numb feet & toes, balance issues, also running into thing's and trip a lot among a
    long list of other symptoms. There are lot's of wonderful careing people here also ton's of info.
    ~Diane~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~LUVMYFLOWERS~ For This Useful Post:

busdrivr (07-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by busdrivr View Post
    No, no more driving busses for me. I no longer can work. When I wake during the night I cannot feel my feet and they are so weak, don't know if they will hold me up. I have a tendency to fall quite frequently. My rheumatologist says I have had this disease for about 4 years. Painful joints, fever, rash, you name it, I think I have experienced a little of everything. Tried the Plaquenil with no results, now on the methotrexate but had to decrease the dosage because it was making me very sick. What next, I wonder. My children are devastated by this also, knowing I have always been the type of person that never slows down. Unfortunately, Lupus has slowed me way down. I don't think my husband understands how dreadful this pain really is. Thanks for being here for me.
    Hi busdrivr,

Sorry to hear your works had to stop...besides your rheumo saying you have Lupus have any of your bloods said it you have any A1 Diseases or Autoimmune diseases to help you with the situation and so you know what your suffering with besides.

We all go through the painful joints, fever and rashes which are known as a bad flare.

I was on plaquenil for 12wks which disturbed my breathing badly but now back on it but taking it at night and hardly any problems...my dermo wants me on methotrexate with Dapsone tablets for my skin but my rheumo is being abit stubborn at the moment.

Yes Lupus does slow we all down and you mainly have to do things in a slower pace to how you feel but it's lovely to hear your hubby understands.

Terry xxx

Thanks

Yeah, I have that awful stumbling thing. Why is that? I sometimes feel so clumsy. I, like you, running into things and off balance. I recently have had some dizziness. I never know what else is in store as a new symptom.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to busdrivr For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-16-2011)