Thread: Anyone in the UK?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Anyone in the UK?

I know its probably a long shot but is anyone from UK? I have really struggled finding any groups near me!!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

LOL Not another one of you! You are going to make the UK count bigger then the US count and Linda from Australia is going to give us an even harder time!

Please know that I am just kidding. It is a running joke on here and we all need to smile. There are TONS of people from the UK here so your longshot paid off!

Thanks

Hi Nixxie,

Have you heard of Lupus UK? They may know of a support group near you, or not THAT far away... we are only a 'small' island in comparison to the Vast U.S. of A after all!

I have recently found out that there is a Lupus support group near to us, just thinking through the positives of joining it with my 10 year old who has Lupus?? Hmm. They seem to do a lot to raise awareness in the area such as roller skating down a very busy road through the town dressed in 80s gear.

Anyway, hope you get on okay with finding others nearby and welcome!

Joy

Thanks

Hello Nikki,

I'm from the UK in the west midlands and no support groups here, the nearest you get is coucilling off the hosptial wow wee...member's on the site know more and half these councillors have never suffered with it, that's the biggest joke of all.

Terry
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-15-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i hope you find a local support group.

i know the greatest support group for me is right here.

i hope you join both.... stay here wa are happy to have you with us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Hello Nikki,

I'm from the UK in the west midlands and no support groups here, the nearest you get is coucilling off the hosptial wow wee...member's on the site know more and half these councillors have never suffered with it, that's the biggest joke of all.

Terry
    Oh I am with you on that one. One of the nurses at my rheumy clinic winds me up because she is so "so what" about my pain and symptoms. I think if she had to live a day with Lupus she would implode!! Makes me cross when people who havent experienced it try to give you advice!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxie View Post
    Oh I am with you on that one. One of the nurses at my rheumy clinic winds me up because she is so "so what" about my pain and symptoms. I think if she had to live a day with Lupus she would implode!! Makes me cross when people who havent experienced it try to give you advice!
    Your right nikki,

It was the sister who told me in the day unit..i mean councilling all they do is abit of studying in the field and they know it all.

Joy added a place on here for the west midlands for me to see besides me replying and it's disappeared????....so christ knows where that's gone.