Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Diagnosis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxie View Post
    Thanks so much for all the replies you are so very kind and helpful!!

On my left hand, I also cannot make a fist, due to the stiffness in my fingers. My left hand is much worse. Like you, although I get pain elsewhere, legs, feet, back, neck and also pelvis (I have an upslip of the sacro-illiac joint), my hands and fingers are much much worse. My ability to use them well has definately decreased, which is upsetting as I am an artist at heart and spend alot of time digital scrapbooking. Have started to struggle doing this now, I cannot use a mouse anymore at all. Too much pain.

I had my chest x-ray yesterday and have an appointment on Friday at the nurses clinic to get started on MTX so all is heading in the right direction.

xx
    Nikki,

Have they stated what the chest x-ray is for??...please let we know friday your results please. xxx

Thanks

I think the chest x-ray was just one they need to do before I start my MTX. For a baseline I think.

Will do. x
    Diagnosed: Lupus (SLE), Inflammatory Arthritis
    Medication: 400mg Hydroxychloraquine daily, 40mg amitriptyline daily, 90mg Codeine daily (sometimes more), Ibuprofen and paracetamol.
    Vitamin D, Calcium Suppliments, Iron, Cod Liver Oil.

So far 2 months free of prednisalone

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wouldn't really panic. I know having another diagnosis is scary, but if you think about it - you've always had the problem, and you yourself said and knew that it was a problem... so now you just have a name for it. Plus, you get to do something about it! YAYYY!!

Okay, sorry, I know, piling onto diseases you already have is scary enough. Just don't psyche yourself out too much, that's not going to help anything.

Sorry I can't be of more help - I'm not on MTX, and I've only been sick a pretty short time (9 mos), but I still understand, and we all understand, how difficult it can be with our SO's. They just don't understand, bless them. Not to mention it's frustrating to not be able to do the things you want to do with your spouse or loved one, because they're sick.

Thanks

Oooh dont apologise, you make a good point and I agree with you. I already had the pain and the illness, its just now got another name to add to the list. And I will deal with it with strength like I do all my other issues. Plus, new meds which is definately an improvment!

(although will probably still cry every time I have a bad day! )

Thanks

It's just to see how your lungs are in general and chest before starting you on meds...like Elo said don't worry to much about that.